M*CARBO Brotherhood

Kaliforniastan Reminder! Ammo

Today, Sunday the 30th of June is the last day you can get ammo w/o a background check here. I stopped by my usual vendor yesterday, the gal was just overwhelmed, a long line and lots of merchandise moving out the door. Got the last two boxes of 12ga 00 buck in the store.

9 Likes

Damn that sucks. Do they charge you every time for a background check when your buying ammo

9 Likes

Yes Will, every time there’s a charge and a background check.

OH, tomorrow gas goes up another nickel. I thought that Prop. was defeated last election.

9 Likes

just like Prohibition, all they have accomplished making a black market on ammo. If your lucky and live close to the border states Nevada or AZ. you can make a bullet run, instead of a beer run. IF your really lucky and able, move to the free word.

11 Likes

That is absolutely right Tim.

6 Likes

I know we are not supposed to talk about politics, but California is out of control. Do not have to take the guns away, just make it hard to get ammo, mags and gun parts.

10 Likes

@dashmores Precisely. @Festus Oh, but it’s about everyone’s safety, right? It wouldn’t be at all about extorting money from the citizens…kinda feel badly about complaining about MD, this is pretty absurd…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What about online ammo buys, is that now out of the question for you?

8 Likes

I understand it is for CA. residents only. We from out of state can still buy online there w/o a background check. That is what I was told.

4 Likes

On line ammo purchases went away, what, two years ago? All ammo has to be a face to face transaction, we could buy on line, have it send to a registered ammo dealer, or get an ammo selling license. And of course it’s “common sense gun laws”, we all know the criminals will be the most affected by these laws. Not the senior citizens on SS or the low income family trapped in a bad neighborhood.

5 Likes

“On line ammo purchases went away, what, two years ago?”

Just for CA. residents only right?

5 Likes

Damian, yes just for us in CA.

6 Likes

Just to confirm, thank you!

6 Likes

This is madness. Too many candy asses in that state to start a revolution (@Festus and other brothers excluded, of course) .

8 Likes

I could be wrong about out of state-ers buying here, but it’s my understanding you can only buy what you will use here, say for a match. I also think you’re not allowed to bring any with you into the state. All the legalese can be found here;;
CA ammo laws 2019

5 Likes

I am going to try and buy some ammo tomorrow and see what happens. I buy from LAX a lot. They will get an order from me tomorrow. Will let you know.

5 Likes

Put an order in this morning and no hold ups. Looks like the order is going through, shipping to Texas. I will test it again in about a week or two.

2 Likes

I suspect your order will go just fine. It’s us the “State” wants to control. Ironically enough, I used to deal with an outfit in TX for my ammo, before the “State” put a stop to that.

2 Likes

I think it will too. I guess they think they will fix the problems by restricting Californians only. They always guess wrong on most things, the ones making the type decisions. Like you said, the criminals will get their guns and ammo no matter what. This only affects the law abiding citizens. More than one way to skin a cat though!

3 Likes

Roger that! I’ve known this was going to happen for some time and have been planning for the day.

2 Likes

Yes sir, I am sure you and many others have been! Another busted policy for California in the near future, unfortunately.

2 Likes