M*CARBO Brotherhood

Just Wanted To Share

Took my Sub 2k to the range for the first time since installing the rear tactical folding sights, all in one pro performance trigger job bundle, recoil buffer, recoilless charging handle from Mcarbo and the sub 2000 heavy weight bolt from Kel Tec. Many will say that it’s kinda wimpy to tame the recoil like that but I’m looking at my wife and daughters being able to handle this weapon if needs be, and I’ve got plenty of untamed firearms to satisfy my need for heavy recoil. I’ve got to say the difference in felt recoil was incredible and the trigger pull was sweet. I highly recommend all of these products and thank you Mcarbo and the Brotherhood for all of the great products and good advice. Stay safe.

I’m a large guy and I didn’t like the recoil of the S2K at all. Extremely sharp for such a small caliber. After doing the Mcarbo upgrades it is much better. Haven’t put the heavy wait bolt it yet. How much of a difference does that make?

Feels like shooting my dpms 5.56 with .223’s in it if that helps. My wife and daughter could easily handle it.

P.S. I’m a bit on the stout side myself…

@aadavis94

I have the S2K in .40 and I have the Heavy Weight Bolt along with Recoiless Charging Handle, Bolt Buffer, Muzzle Brake and ATI Butt Stock Pad. I think it’s more a combination of all these things working together to help reduce felt recoil as it is any one item working better than another. Adding the Heavy Weight Bolt can only help with your felt recoil. This is just my opinion, hope it helps.

@nasty

Mark, back in ‘my day,’ I always thought more horsepower with cars, the better and also with guns, the bigger the caliber, the more bang… Well, being older and hopefully somewhat wiser, I believe in making the most out of tomorrow. Being on borrowed time one has to make every day count. If that means a little less bang to save a possible injury to a shoulder, so be it? I am sure that your wife and daughter will also appreciate it as well… It is a blessing to share your love of firearms with your family! It is all about safe and enjoyable shooting, my friend!

Thank you brother and yes it is a blessing. Stay safe.

I agree, at less than 5 pounds out of fhe box the felt recoil is sharper due to the firearm being so lightweight, and that the buttstock could have been a little wider to better spread the force over your shoulder.

I think Mcarbo mods makes this gun enjoyable to shoot and makes it a viable all day shooter for my wife and kids when they want to shoot more than a 22 pistol or rifle.