M*CARBO Brotherhood

Just Picked Up Mine, Q’s From The Manual

The manual says to not release the bolt when the gun is folded that it can damage the receiver tube. Is that for real, I don’t see how anything makes contact when folding. It also means the gun should be stored with the bolt back always? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Also states not to release the hammer with the bolt removed, that it will make the gun inoperable. In case that happens, what is the fix … push the hammer back with a dowel rod, going in from the front of the receiver?

Everything on the gun looks good fit & finish wise. I do see what people are talking about on the “humped” pic rails. Assuming that interferes with a Red Dot holding zero when mounted, what technique are people using to file the rail flat?

Lastly, I haven’t checked yet with a barrel laser, put the front post looks low, even below the lower third, is that as expected? I’m used to having the front post end in the middle of the surrounding protector.

Thanks all … going to field strip a few times to get the hang of it and then see how she shoots!

3 Likes

@PattonWasRight your slamming the bolt home against no stop. Puts stress on springs and ejectors, not to mention trigger group!

I keep bolt forward when stored. No tension on return spring. :grin::+1:

6 Likes

@Johnksg man you are fast! Beat me to the reply.

5 Likes

@PattonWasRight

Wait, this gun came with a manual? :thinking: So the metal thingy in the tube is called a bolt? :grin:

6 Likes

@dave67 lol…smart ass!:grin::+1:

3 Likes

[quote=“Johnksg, post:2, topic:3737, full:true”]
@PattonWasRight your slamming the bolt home against no stop. Puts stress on springs and ejectors, not to mention trigger group!

I keep bolt forward when stored. No tension on return spring. :grin::+1:
[/quote] Ah, I misunderstood. Yeah, no problem with having the bolt forward, just don’t release & let it fly when folded in half (duh)

Yes, Dave, it has a manual but I don’t know how to read. Who knew that was critical?

Help on the other Qs is appreciated. The “inoperable” thing especially … Murphy’s Law visits me now & then

3 Likes

@PattonWasRight you got it brother! A bolt is a heavy metal thingy and if slammed forward against no stop you can develop stress fractures. It also does your return springs no good.

Don’t listen to @dave67 he knows more about weapons than you and me both. Just being a wise guy!

2 Likes

@PattonWasRight

I have used a couple different picatinny mounts and each one is different in how it holds on the S2K picatinny rail. Some will tilt side to side and some hold tight with no movement. So I would try your mount first before I would go filing anything.

4 Likes

[quote=“Johnksg, post:7, topic:3737, full:true”]
@PattonWasRight you got it brother! A bolt is a heavy metal thingy and if slammed forward against no stop you can develop stress fractures. It also does your return springs no good.

Don’t listen to @dave67 he knows more about weapons than you and me both. Just being a wise guy!
[/quote] Yep. Well, we’ll see what tough guy has to say about the “inoperable” fix :wink:

3 Likes

@dave67 give it the @Wedge treatment?

1 Like

@Johnksg

I’m still trying to find my manuel? Did I spell that right? I…know…it’s…around…here…somewhere…

4 Likes

@dave67 manual…MANUAL! I have chatted with you before, I know that you know your stuff!

Someone is feeling his oats!:grin::+1:

3 Likes

@PattonWasRight just flat file or sand the hump out of your pic rail on the S2K. It is peaked from the moulding process.

3 Likes

[quote=“PattonWasRight, post:1, topic:3737”]
The manual says to not release the bolt when the gun is folded that it can damage the receiver tube. Is that for real, I don’t see how anything makes contact when folding. It also means the gun should be stored with the bolt back always? Or am I misunderstanding something?

The charging handle stem DOES slam the leading edge of the charge handle slot if released before the Sub is locked open. I store mine locked back so I can lock open, slap handle and make noise.

Also states not to release the hammer with the bolt removed, that it will make the gun inoperable. In case that happens, what is the fix … push the hammer back with a dowel rod, going in from the front of the receiver?

Your question answered itself - good instinct.

Everything on the gun looks good fit & finish wise. I do see what people are talking about on the “humped” pic rails. Assuming that interferes with a Red Dot holding zero when mounted, what technique are people using to file the rail flat?

Dunno … mine is still humped. I’d trash a mount that doesn’t work.
The rail is mil spec and a half decent Picatinny mount has no problem. We only find problems to work with Picatinny AND Weaver – 'cause they really are not very similar systems.

Lastly, I haven’t checked yet with a barrel laser, put the front post looks low, even below the lower third, is that as expected?[/quote]

Kel Tec does not sight in the Sub 2ks. Confirm your zero before fretting.

4 Likes

Good answer! But I fret about so many things all the time! I am afraid of a tax-audit, eye doctor exams, and sexual performance!

But shooting?

Nope!:grin::+1:

2 Likes

Hey Fred, thanks for the detailed responses, much appreciated.

It does seem like “the brotherhood” is for real here

Thanks for confirming the “inoperable” thing … The manual leaves that warning hanging out there like a black hole of no return!

4 Likes

@dave67 @Johnksg

Guys, please ‘slow down,’ I am all out of likes and my laptop is ‘totally’ worn out. I had to borrow the wife’s so that I wouldn’t be missed? Lol. I got a ‘couple’ of cash gift cards because some family didnt know what to get me. Guess that I am going to purchase a new Lenovo. They seem to be the best little laptops out there. They can definitely handle ALL the abuse that I can ever throw at em!!! Really seem to hold up well…

3 Likes

@dave67 I have a extra Manual Dave, but 2 problems, #1 its in crayon, #2 ya cant let JohnKSG at it, he might lick the paper…

7 Likes

@GOBLIN And #3 if @Goblin did it, all the coloring will be outside the lines!

6 Likes