Just Ordered The MCARBO Rear Peep Sight

For my S2K… Super excited! The MCARBO upgrades continue. :smiley:

I worked a bunch of overtime, so I decided to reward myself with an upgrade. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thinking bout about ordering rear sight also with rear open sight

1 Like

I ordered the notch rear sight, I just wished they had placed a center line on it. I did this with photo shop, I’m considering doing it for real. I am going to use high visability paint on the front sight post and use the white on the rear to help with alignment.

3 Likes

I modified my gen1 rear sight so I can deploy it when I want, but I like the idea of it being taller and aluminum,I will definitely be upgrading to the rear notch sight

2 Likes

@KM55 seems like painting the rear sight would draw your eye away from the front sight. That’s why many comp sights are blacked out on the rear sight. I know the Glock “ball in the bucket” is all the rage but not really my jam. 2 cents that’s all.

3 Likes

Great ideal…Thanks

1 Like

I use the twin dots on my M&P pistols and it help to align the sights, I plan on just doing the center line first and see how it works out then I might try the others I don’t know for sure yet.

2 Likes

@KM55 well it’s not like it’s permanent. Experiment and figure out what works best for you.

2 Likes

That is what is so much fun with this weapon you can experiment and you don’t have to break the bank to do it.

2 Likes

Dude! That white paint is a great idea. My diesel pickup is white. I can use my touchup paint applicator to apply it… verrrry carefully.

2 Likes

The MCARBO rear peep sight is just fine so I worked on replacing the front sight post with something easier to see.

5 Likes

I’m going to look for some glow-in-the-dark nail polish to put on the front site for the time being. I’ve heard there is a brand called, “Cool Glow.” I want to try to find something in a light or white color that also glows in the dark. I haven’t gone looking yet, though.

2 Likes

Amazon has this paint.

3 Likes

@KM55 Hey, that’s the same glow in the dark paint I use on my toe nails…did I just say that out loud? :nail_care::shushing_face:

2 Likes

So does it glow all night long or is it a dud. as far as the toe nails TMI.

1 Like

I went looking for glow in the dark paint and came up with a big fat zero. the sport shops, hobby shops, and the local gun shops no one had paint. I guess I’m stuck with amazon.

2 Likes

@KM55 Ebay has glow paint as well, about $6 is cheapest I’ve seen.

3 Likes

@KM55 , you might have luck adding the term “phosphorescent” to your searches. I know Ranger Point Precision used it on their front sights which I run on my 336 and my 1895.

As recently as 2014, I saw it packaged specifically for use on gun sights - best of luck. I will say the phos stripes on my blitzkreig sight post are much brighter than the tritium dot when I arrive at an indoor range.

4 Likes

Thanks for your post, KM55. I have an Amazon Prime membership, so I went ahead and ordered some of that paint you linked to on Amazon. For less than $10, I give it a whirl and see how it works out.

2 Likes

Just installed mine. Must have upgrade. Super easy installation.

4 Likes