M*CARBO Brotherhood

Just Kid-ing Around (what are they doin', what are they shootin')

As a kid, being blessed with great parents, I was taught, guided, encouraged, included, supported and allowed or given the opportunity to do things that many people don’t get to do in an entire lifetime.
Along with that, not only did I get to do these things, but I was acknowledged for and allowed to present and be proud of my growing knowledge, skill and accomplishments. As a result, I know the value, and it is incalculable.

Kids live in a grownups world full of rules, restrictions and exclusions. With limited rights, and little or no say in most of the everyday events involving them, they can often end up playing 2nd fiddle to more important issues. As a result, the victories and accomplishments, or things they are proud of and are important to them sometimes fall through the cracks without note, reward, or being given the respect and admiration they have earned for hard work and a job well done.

It’s always nice to be in the spotlight once in a while.

There are several posts throughout the forum highlighting kids and what they are doing, but no place dedicated exclusively to them. We should never fail to let them know “they, as individuals, are important” and show “we are proud of them and what they do matters to us”.

I know there are more scattered throughout the site. For anyone who has made previous posts fitting this topic, please re-post them here.

13 Likes

Here’s a few pics of my daughter shooting at 50 yards after our annual youth shoot event.

14 Likes

And another pic

12 Likes

Here’s an old pic from when she first started shooting. Shes 5 in this pic

12 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 Yes, thank you Don. That speaks for itself. What is being both given and gained in those pictures, is something that can’t be bought in any store, or simply handed out in a box wrapped with garish paper and shiny ribbon.

That’s where it’s at. Very Nice!! :+1::+1::+1:

10 Likes

my daughter shooting for first time and graduating from university great proud moments for me

14 Likes

Few pics from 2018s youth shoot. Me teaching a very young lady on a pink savage rascal and a young man learning to shoot with my daughters 10/22. The smile on faces after shooting for the first time makes everything so worthwhile(upload://4D90dz1oEGE3jeE3QwmIW8R4OmU.jpeg)

14 Likes

My daughters target after first time shooting a handgun at 25 yards. She was shooting her moms ruger mark iv 22/45 lite.

16 Likes

I have seen that smile, and it really is like no other.

10 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 LOL And doing a fine job with it too, from the looks of it.:smile:

9 Likes

@hunter1916 I notice your daughter has a bit of a smile too, in that pic of her shooting, Kieran.

9 Likes

My son started out on that same .22 rifle, about the same age. His is black though, not pink! :grin:

12 Likes

yeah she’s a happy go lucky and very independent young lady @jeffing65

12 Likes

If you gave your kid/s a new gun this Christmas, and have some new pics, let them show them off.

7 Likes

I guess no one gave their kids guns. :frowning:

5 Likes

@cico7 I guess not… If they did, they’re not telling.LOL

5 Likes

9 Likes

My kids have always been around hunting camps and firearms. They were shooting 22’s by the age of 4. Here are a couple pics of my daughter more than 20 years ago with her first deer at 9 and her first elk at 11. She shot the deer at 220 yards after I work her up while sleeping in the high rack of the jeep with a remington model 600, .243 her grandfather gave her. After proving herself on a couple more whitetail deer I bought her a winchester model 70, .270 at a RMEF banquet and surprised her with an elk hunt in Arizona. Third day of the hunt she dropped this elk at about 90 yards.

9 Likes

There’s a new kids division upcoming in July’s 50/100yd On Line Match…just sayin…Watch for the announcement.

7 Likes