M*CARBO Brotherhood

Just bought my first gun in a long time.....Ruger PC Charger

This is what I put on mine, there are two versions, one is aluminum, one isn’t. If you opt for this one do not go with the non-metallic version. I think I paid 249.00 for mine by the way

3 Likes

Interesting, I thought it stood for pistol caliber. What can did you go with. I’m waiting on mine to get here via slow boat from China. I went with a Silencer Central Banish 45.

4 Likes

“pistol-caliber chambered in 9mm”. :grin:

4 Likes

dohhhh :crazy_face: C’mon man. I just watched a vid of our senile POTUS and it effected my brainwaves. I need more coffee.

5 Likes

Nice collection! But a vertical handgrip on a PC Charger is illegal since it’s a pistol. ATF considers it an SBR with a vertical handgrip.

1 Like

Ahhh, I did not know that. I’m going to take it off right now! :lying_face:

Edit: Seriously, I was unaware of that. I am going to remove it and I hate that because it’s very difficult for me to utilize a foregrip that isn’t vertical as I have a 6 inch titanium rod in my left wrist making it impossible to bend. I guess that means I’ll have to remove the one from my .300 blackout too since it’s got a 7-8 inch barrel.

If the ATF gets their way I reckon I’ll have wasted about 400 bucks on braces.

2 Likes

Some of the dumbest rules.

They just published new rules proposal. There’s a crazy point system just proposed. Make sure you don’t attach a prismatic or rifle scope, considered an SBR.

Here’s the worksheet

4 Likes

Nice! But ATF doesn’t like the AR adjustable stock. Fore grips and hand stops may become illegal too or SBR tax stamp.

Sorry, don’t mean to be a Karen. I just read the new proposed regs.

3 Likes

Yeah I went and read them after your very informative reply, thanks for that btw. I reckon if they do implement those new regs I’ll just spring for the tax stamps. Those bastards!!

3 Likes

Just installed the Midway USA Handguard for the PC Charger. I’ve got more pics if interested.

5 Likes

Trying to fly under the liberal commies radar… no suppressor there. It’s a muzzle brake I ordered on eBay.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I see it now. I consider myself to be extremely observant, lol. I sure missed the vent ports when I looked at your picture though.

3 Likes

Well to be honest… I bought it because I wanted the chic “suppressor look”. So… it works I guess. Lol.

3 Likes

And it does look tres chic, lol. Seriously, I may have to get one. :beers:

4 Likes

Very cool, a built in handstop. That whole setup looks baddass btw.

Edit: They sure are proud of that at 119 bucks (on sale). When I finish my Wilson Combat build that will be the next thing I buy.

3 Likes

It does, as in PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine)

3 Likes

I thought so. Po-tay-to po-tah-to I guess.

3 Likes

PC (potato caliber) Carbine

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s pricey but made very well made. Highly recommend.

Whether the new AR Pistol rules pass or not, this eliminates (for my use) the need for a grip or hand stop. The contour of the handguard is perfect for a thumb-over-barrel grip.

I’ll remove the barrel extension. I had a mounted 3 space picatinny barrel adapter for a flip down sight.
Then add a small picatinny m-lock section on the handguard for a (legal) non-folding front sight.

I’ve barrowed lots of parts off my son’s collection to try all this out. Otherwise, parts add up :grin:

These rules will also apply to pistol caliber PDWs.

forward grip 4 pts (illegal)
hand stop 2 pts

3 Likes

Not to start a war… I checked on Rugers official site and many others and cannot find Rugers definition of the “PC” in “PC Charger”.

Yes, my 9mm S2K was sold to me as a “PCC”… But I guess I was looking why Ruger named it a “PC Carbine” and not a “PCC”. I could not find any text that defined the “C” in “PC”. I really don’t give a shit… just curious.

4 Likes