M*CARBO Brotherhood

June Division A 50 yards rimfire

The usual - 75 yards, prone, bipod.

12 Likes

Sweet! :+1: blahblahwoofwoof

8 Likes

Great shooting. That Tikka is a tack driver!

5 Likes

There’s a man who should never be hungry. Nice shooting good sir!

3 Likes

Thanks all!

Yeah, that rifle definitely shoots better than me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

50pts the clean way. Three months later and no scope adjusting.

5 Likes

@Dred Nice shooting! What magnification?

2 Likes

16x. Scope is 4-16 and safe bet it was max’d 'cause I did have to roll the objective back from 100.

3 Likes

Nice!
15 more charac

2 Likes

Those 2 targets are going to be tough to match! Nice shooting gentlemen!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Here are my two targets. The first is from my 10/22 with iron sights. I wasn’t sure about the iron site bonus so I left it blank.
The second is from my Mossy 702 with an optic.

5 Likes

@JMM14534

Good shooting. Entries closed Sunday. Results have not been posted. I hope the commitee can accept this entry.

I will be the hardass and say that rules should be applied. The deadline has for many months been clearly stated as the last Sunday of the month and @Festus regularly sends a reminder. I understand it is just for fun but determining how late is too late is an unfair position in which to place the contest judges. How late is too late for a vote to count?

4 Likes

I agree with @JoeFridaySays - the rules should apply equally to everyone. Also, you can only submit one target in any one division, not one target per firearm.

Good shooting, though. I’m sure you’ll do well next month.

4 Likes

Pretty harsh counselor. Case history shows a penalty has been awarded for late submissions.

Aye, that they should, as should penalties from previous similar situations.

From the rules “shoot as many divisions as you wish, but only one target per division” or something like that.

In the past a penalty has been awarded to late shooters. My recommendation is this should also be done here. Therefore I suggest 2 weeks of washing all dishes, in this case penalty’s to be served consecutively, i.e., 6 weeks of dish washing.

Now, about the double submission in Division A. This is a second offense and neither target will be allowed.

1 Like

I only scored the one target since I could not find any mention of the iron sight bonus.

I am fine with that decision, but fear a slippery slope where the Judges must regularly confront the decision of when a submission is too late. Is the actual end of the month timely? What about seven days into the following month? I acknowledge the previous precedent but note that was in the early months when participants still were learning the rules.
A possible alternative is a points penalty applied for each day a submission is late with an absolute cutoff the actual end of the month but it would be simpler to just stick with the last Sunday deadline.

3 Likes

Yes, I too feel it’s rather clear when targets are due. This is a one time deal and only for “newish” shooters in the series. The comparison to voting is very good.

Moving forward, I will include this warning in each months announcement and we will no longer allow any late submissions.

4 Likes

You submitted two targets in the scoring topic. If you wish to post photos of other targets not for score, please do so here and we can all discuss them. https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/match-talk-a-place-for-match-contest-conversation

1 Like