June 2022 Match Announcement

June 2022 Match Announcement

After a poll was run, I’ll allow for three new Divisions in the rifle category.

A2 200yd Rimfire Division

C2 200yd 223/556 (223 Wylde) Division

D2 200yd Open Centerfire Division

In line with all other divisions, five (5) rounds for score. Either target is available for use.

Iron sights continue to earn bonus points. Iron sights are any fixed or adjustable two-piece sighting systems such as peep, buckhorn or ghost ring utilizing a front and rear sight
The iron sight bonus for all rifle divisions. For our new members…
25yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights will receive a 2-point bonus.
50yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights receive a 4-point bonus.
100yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights will receive an 8-point bonus.
200yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights will receive a 10-point bonus.

Our rules can be found here: Sharpshooter Series Rules

Allowed targets for June, 2022: Standard Target X Ring Target

FAQ’s:

Q: How many rounds do we shoot?
A: Shoot five (5) rounds for score.

Q: Who can participate?
A: All members and their families can participate.

Q: How many targets can I shoot?
A: You can shoot as many as you wish but submit only one target per Division. You are encouraged to submit your first target, but the choice is yours.

Q: Why the first target?
A: In the world of Match Shooting, you get one target, you shoot it and that is your score.

Q: Where do I submit my target?
A: It must be in the proper “Mail in Match” category and topic to be scored. If you’re not sure or need help, just ask for assistance.

Q: What position can I shoot from?
A: All NRA approved shooting positions are allowed. (prone, sitting, kneeling and standing) The HG Divisions must be shot from the standing position.

Q: Can I shoot from a bench?
A: Yes, it the rifle Divisions only. You can not use a sled nor can you support the rifle from the magazine, or any point aft of the magazine with anything other than your body.

Q: Can I use a sling? (rifle divisions only)
A: Yes, you may also use a bipod, sandbags or a log, shooting bag etc.

Q: What distance is the HG D shot at?
A: Seven (7) yards.

Q: What firearm can I use?
A: You can use any firearm you wish, there is a division for everyone. You may not use, for example, a rifle chambered in 223/556 (223 Wylde) in the open (D) divisions.

Q: Who decides the targets?
A: All shooters are welcome to submit a target for consideration.

Good luck and good shooting

5 Likes

For the HG D being shot at 7 yards, I don’t see that as a division in the Sharpshooter Series Rules. The rules show HG 1 Rimfire HG2 Centerfire at 10 yards.

Also, I don’t see how to submit the targets? Email, webpage, mail in, etc.

Forgive the new guy if this has been asked.

3 Likes

I think @Festus will respond but if not I will follow up.

3 Likes

@LostCoz

The HG D is a relatively new division, just as the brand new A2, C2 and D2 divisions. It will eventually be written to the rules.

Notice the red square below any of the Mail in Match topics, clicking on that will open all topics in the category. If a division you wish to participate in has yet to be opened, I will be glad to open it.

As you get used to the forum things will make sense.

Welcome aboard, good luck and good shooting.

2 Likes

I been here since 2018 when the hell is it post to make since around here :joy: couldnt resist. But seriously this forum is great place and my home away from home and thats thanks to all you crazies who keep this forum very interesting to say the least. :+1: it really is a brotherhood around here its just to bad all the pervs scare off the lady folks :laughing:

2 Likes

Far be it from me to cast stones but if we all behaved like gentlemen-which admittedly may be impossible for most of us-we might see more of those lady folks.

4 Likes