January 2022 Match Targets and Rules

Welcome into another New Year.

The iron sight bonus is returning this month for all rifle divisions. For our new members…
25yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights will receive a 2-point bonus.
50yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights receive a 4-point bonus.
100yd rifle divisions shot with iron sights will receive an 8-point bonus.
Iron sights are any fixed or adjustable two-piece sighting systems such as peep, buckhorn or ghost ring utilizing a front and rear sight.

For this year, our rules still apply and can be found here: Sharpshooter Rules & Guidelines Rev 5-2021.pdf - Google Drive

Our standard targets are again in use and can be found here:

X - Target.pdf - Google Drive

June_2021_Target.pdf - Google Drive

Good luck and good shooting.

4 Likes

@Festus
TYVM, yourself and team for taking care of the friendly competition logistics in 2021.

Can I make a 2022 suggestion, especially for the new shooters targets orientation?

If possible can you relabel the targets so that the naming convention is up-to-date? I think it would help a lot of folks. Perhaps something like:

2022 X - Standard Target.pdf - Google Drive (1)
2022_January Standard Target.pdf - Google Drive (2)

TYVM,
Cheers,

3 Likes

Ideas and suggestions are always welcome.

The PDF file has “June” in the name as that’s when the target was introduced into the series. If the name were changed as you suggest, then it would be necessary to change it every month.

Perhaps just “Standard Target” and “X Target”.

3 Likes

@Festus
Sure works for sure.
Can we do that? Is it an easy/fast edit?

When is the deadline for submissions, the last day of the month or sooner? Want to test my discipline and try to enter every month in 2022. Thanks.

1 Like

Midnight on the last Sunday of the month, which in this case happens to be the 30th.

1 Like

Thank you, sir! :+1:

1 Like

I’m in starting in Feb.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. Good luck and good shooting.

1 Like

@Dung @Festus
Yes from me as well, al the best shooting.
P.S. Don’t forget your hearing protection. :+1:

1 Like