January 2022 Division A Targets

Thanks again for creating this friendly competition. I was finally able to get a few rounds of the ammo my Ruger Precision likes, so here’s my January submission.

6 Likes

Great job Old Spook!

2 Likes

Very Nice Shooting!!! :+1:

1 Like

4 Likes

First time running CCI

4 Likes

Was that CCI standard or high velocity? My problem would be getting back up from a sitting position :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They were the 40 gr AR Tactical/1200 mv. Just learning how to figure out the hold over at longer distances, I think next time I go to the range, I’ll try some higher velocity at 100 yds and see how much of a difference the difference it makes. My A1 entry was my first time shooting at 100 with my 22.

1 Like

My scope is zeroed at 50 yards. When I shoot at 100, I hold up one line on the reticle. I think that’s equivalent to 1 MOA. I think you’ll find that the higher velocity ammo doesn’t yield the tighter groups. Keep working at it. That’s the fun of .22ing.

1 Like

Yeah, I zeroed mine at 50 also, I did try another at 100 with holding on the 1 mark and shot a dismal 24 with one miss. I have to check what the MOA is on that scope I guess and spend a little more time shooting at that distance with the 22. Thank you for the info - this series is helping me alot.

1 Like

Glad to share my 2 cents worth.

1 Like