M*CARBO Brotherhood

It's Really Hard To Not Tinker!

At least ALL new springs on a used purchase.

Bill

12 Likes

I remember the first time I took down a 1911 completely. Youtube videos to the rescue. It was actually pretty easy. :smiley:

10 Likes

After you get over the Fear of Launching the Slide Spring Assembly to China or Other Part’s Unknown !! the first couple Times.:grin:

9 Likes

Nah, mine was Commander sized so the shorter recoil spring was captured on the guide rod with my custom made bent paper clip tool. :smiley:

8 Likes

@Bill2728 I purchased a used Volquartsen Scorpion on Gunbroker with a thick nasty hardened green grease throughout all the internals of the firearm. I ended up taking the entire firearm apart thinking there’s got to be a video to reassemble…well, there was not but I found a reassembly video for a Ruger Mark III which was close enough. I felt better knowing I got to every nook and cranny inside that thing.

9 Likes

I am finding out that the more that WE tinker and the longer we seek out the M*CARBO BROTHERHOOD, the least likely we will need YOUTUBE and the more likely M*CARBO will flourish as a group @ChrisNelson

5 Likes

Anyone else find themselves find themselves tinkering with their guns? I was doing a deep clean on my Taurus PT111 and noticed the trigger was pretty gritty and would catch every once and while. Next thing I know I have the whole gun torn apart and am polishing the whole trigger set up. Now it’s butter smooth.

8 Likes

1911’s are nice guns, but I have always wanted a Browning Hi-Power. The CZ-75 is probably as close as I’ll ever get, I plan on getting one next year. I’d even settle for the FEG or TISAS clone of a Hi-Power.

3 Likes

@lonewolf :ok_hand: Well said! Boy Again I’m Way Late on this Post :rofl: I’m sure I’ll End Up with the Written Memo From the Management. :sunglasses: But you are Right On! There is a’lot of good People and Knowledge here that takes Hours of B.S. on U Tube and Dodging the AD’S.

2 Likes