M*CARBO Brotherhood

It's been a while.....what's new? + 3 questions for the Brotherhood :)

Hello all, it’s been a while since I logged in here, glad to be catching up. I have a few questions and thoughts.

1) I was at a local gun shop today and saw a gen2 Sub2k for $800, is that the new going rate for these or was that as crazy as I thought it was? It was a basic model, black, no upgrades.

2) I’m thinking ammo will NEVER go back to the pre Covid pricing, what do you guys think? You would think that the supply would eventually catch up to the demand but since it has not, I’m thinking that is exactly what ammo companies want to make profits? I just made a county wide search for ammo and laughed at a guy at a local range/shop who offered to sell me my choice of either (25) 38 special or (50) 9mm rounds for $60! When I got home I checked a purchase I made online before this ridiculousness where I paid $170 dlvd for 1000 S&B brass 9mm rounds.

3) Have we or are we going to add a buy/sell/trade thread on this forum? I get the reasons not to B/S/T firearms but there is really no reason we can’t B/S/T parts or accessories on here. Every forum I have ever been a part of has had the ability to buy, sell, or trade items within the group. We are all adults here and we should be able to do this without the world ending.

6 Likes

@BiteYaHard to answer your 3rd point, there is a trading post but the trading post is restricted to active level 3 users. :+1:t2:

9 Likes
  • No i think prices a0re still going to drop, but quite possibly not hitting 2019 lows for a while yet.

• for Buy Sell Trade, you just need to hit level 3, surprised you arent there yet ?!?!

8 Likes

My local shop has a Sub2K for $489. I got mine there a year ago for $389.

8 Likes

1 - seems a bit high but don’t know current going rates. Local shop to me has or had a s2k gen 2 I think it was around 700 or so.

2 - personally I do NOT think prices and availability are going to get better. But word on the street is depends on which state you live in. I’m in kommiefornia, prices have only gone up and availability has gone down. Last I checked (2 weeks ago) 9mm was 30$ for 50 rounds. 20 self defense was 40+$. 150 223’s were 160 bucks, 12g slugs 15$ for 5.

3 - we do have a trade section for level 3 members.

7 Likes

What is this level business and how do you know where you rank? I got a deal in my sub2k gen 2 couple years ago when i signed on this forum. I traded a sks i had 75 bucks in for the sub2k. But after all the upgrades and everything im probably close to 700 invested. I dont know if ammo and gun prices will ever be as low as they was but i see the availability and prices are getting a little easier here in nc.

8 Likes

I don’t think ammo will drop in price until lumber prices drop. Too many YT vids showing how the lumber wholesalers like GA Pacific are making a killing! Everybody else in the lumber biz is making peanuts…

9 Likes

By participating. Be active and reply, you’ll get notified in your notification tab when you level up.

11 Likes

Ive been here since i got my sub2k and my mcarbo upgrades late 2018. And im on here atleast once a day liking and chatting. Only thing i see on my old notifications is a thing that says basic. Is that my rank? Sorry for the ignorance i didnt know this forum had a ranking system.

7 Likes

I think that is what it is. But I’m not 100% sure. A @moderators would know that answer better then I.

4 Likes

Here’s another YouTube on who’s making money on lumber…

Worst case scenario on ammo prices IMHO:
Prices will drop by July4- September…
then we will go in a Depression and everything will be effected! :face_with_monocle:

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst !:face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

@HandyDave according to the level 3 checklist specifically for you, you haven’t viewed enough content. I’d go look at a bunch of threads until you’re promoted.

9 Likes

Rio Royal Star Slug 12 ga 2 3/4" 1 oz Slug 1410 fps - 5/box | Natchez (natchezss.com)
These are good for the range

7 Likes

“Worst case scenario on ammo prices IMHO:
Prices will drop by July4- September…
then we will go in a Depression and everything will be effected! :face_with_monocle:

That is about what I am thinking as well.

6 Likes

1- I saw a new S2K for $749 at a local dealer recently. Plain Jane no extra’s.

2- I believe ammo prices will drop. Mfg cost have not changed some retailers have increased prices ok all retailers have increased prices

3- I believe the sun has riz and the sun has set. I ain’t been thru Texas yet.

5 Likes

it appears places are shipping faster, ordered from Gear Head, MAS defense, and KNS
this past thursday.late. boxes were here in hand sat evening. surprised the pee out of me… ammo prices dropping back, most places have 9mm, but not in brands im familiar with…

9 Likes

BiteYaHard

Your questions.
I don’t think that is a fair price. My 9 and 40 were 450. new out the door a year ago.
I think most dealers are raising the price on their gun inventory. I base that on the fact that guns are selling at a record pace. Supply and demand the American way . make it while ya can.

In reference to ammunition I think it’s the same fact. Guns that sell need ammo to work.
So those ammunition dealers will obviously get more money from new gun buyers than us old farts all stocked up already. Or, if not didn’t see it coming.

I can’t give you any information about buy sell .

Larry

3 Likes

I paid $360 a year and a half ago for mine and now they’re up to 550

4 Likes

My Blued/Tungsten S2K. Notes from my firearm and ammo app… a copy and paste:

Classic Firearms on 5/7/2020
$429 + tax

Upgrades: Muzzle Brake, Olight Green Laser & Flashlight, Bipod, Primary Arms Red Dot, Optic Mount, Rear Site, AFG-2, Flat Trigger, Stainless Steel Feed Ramp, Trigger Job Bundle, Charging Handle, Missouri Tactical Butt Pad, Rapid Deployment Latch, Sling Mount, Talon Grip.
Ttl Investment: $1,600

4 Likes

Regarding dealers and ammo prices, I have to tip my hat to Sportsman’s Warehouse here in Spokane Valley. I’ve bought a couple firearms over the past few months and they have always offered me the appropriate calibers at what we would consider normal prices. 50rds of 9mm Federal at $18. 450rds of 22lr at $28…etc. They do limit you to one box per. Nothing on the shelves, but saved ammo behind the desk for new purchases. Refreshing with all the price gouging we’re seeing.

11 Likes