M*CARBO Brotherhood

Is this spring from my Sub2K?

I was swapping out a number of the Sub2K’s internals with MCarbo replacements and noticed an extra spring during while reassembling the rifle. I’ve stared at the KelTec Sub2K parts list and I can’t figure out whether this spring came from the Sub2K. I’ve rewatched the MCarbo video several times and I don’t think that I see this spring anywhere in the video. I have attached a photo of the spring in question, which sits inside of a circle on a piece of paper. The photo also shows the cross-bolt safety detent and spring (these are outside of the circle on the piece of paper) to help indicate the size of the unidentified spring. Any help is appreciated. I’m hoping that this is a random spring and not part of the Sub2K.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Peter. That doesn’t look like a Sub2k spring to me.

2 Likes

Thanks Phuzzy. I didn’t think so, but I wanted to ask.

3 Likes

Spare parts CAN be scary :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I just finished my build out of my S2K LAST NIGHT (pics and write up in that section). I don’t remember seeing any springs like that. Throw it in your spare parts bag just in case, but I really think you’re good!

2 Likes

Annnnnnd… let me guess. The detent took a flyer on you and when you were looking for it or the spring or both, you found that random one? :rofl:

2 Likes

I was lucky enough not to have anything fly off :grinning:

I’m not sure where the spring came from. I did work on the Sub2K in more than one sitting.

1 Like

@Stircrayzy

ive-got-extra-parts-that-im-not-using

8 Likes

Well played Dave :rofl::rofl::rofl: + 20 characters

4 Likes

@PeterB welcome to the forum

3 Likes