M*CARBO Brotherhood

Is This Sight Fixable?

I bought TFX Pro sights for my M&P 2.0 Compact. I tried installing the front sight with a sight pusher tool (which got awesome reviews) and instead of pushing the sight it started to tip it over and the dovetail got messed up. Is this salvageable?

@GL9CK I would say that if it was tipping it then it was not pushing it meaning it was not fitting. At this point you can’t return it so get a hobby file or Dremel tool and work on it a little at a time to get it back to sliding in. Also make sure your pusher is not sitting to high on the sight when pushing.

2 Likes

Sorry to see that. Looks like something I would do😆

1 Like

@GL9CK Don’t forget to push it in from the LEFT side, as you look down the barrel

1 Like

It was left to right, but supposedly it doesn’t matter on M&Ps.

I will try to file some. The only way to learn sometimes is by making mistakes. And I’m willing to buy a new sight and try again if this doesn’t work. But not with the tool I have.

2 Likes

@GL9CK If I learned something every time I made a mistake, I would be the smartest person in the world :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I just try not to do stupid stuff like this. It took a heck of a lot of effort to get the stock sight off. This sight was barely pushed before it mushed…

1 Like

@GL9CK I have a nice rear sight with thread marks in it because it sat to high in the pusher when installing. This was my first install of sights and I learned alot from it…not stupid stuff, we are learning.

2 Likes

I destroyed a sight pusher (sheared the set screws holding the pushing screw in place) installing a super tight set of dawsons in one of my m&ps the other night. Finished the job with a derlin rod and a big hammer after a long fight. Totally worth it though.

The pusher is probaby fixable just gotta drill out the set screw hole so it goes all the way through the lock nut and the threaded rod and hammer a pin in.

2 Likes

To add to this good advice you got. File a small radius on the leading edges to keep them from digging in. Then rub off the finish on the bottom of the sight dovetail with emery cloth and lube well with. This is what I do. R S
The reason you remove the finish on the bottom of the sight is that when the sight is made before finish it is the correct size. The finish makes it slightly taller and sticky. Don’t go below the finish.

6 Likes