M*CARBO Brotherhood

Is the1911 Obsolete?

Ok folks, take a look at this one and then let me know what you think.

Howard

14 Likes

I don’t the design will ever be obsoleted. Out of date for the original design, for sure, but nostalgia and the simple visual appeal of the classic design will always keep it around.
You could almost say the gun has it own very powerful “Cult of Personality” to match the strength of the original .45 acp which maintains and will continue to maintain it status for many years to come.

Another great one @hrfunk :+1:t2:

11 Likes

Love my 1911’s, and none have ever given me an issue, either. I suppose I’m biased as all of my handguns are all metal and hammer fired, for starters. I know there are some that say they’re no longer valid but I suspect if they were being shot at with one, they might feel differently. While I get the round count argument, I have yet to meet anyone who uses that argument who’s actually been involved in a shooting of any kind and studies would suggest that even if you were, if you use the 7-8 rounds effectively (as a result of good training and accurate shooting), you’re likely to win the day. Great round, great gun, proven design and it looks mighty good to boot. I’m keeping and shooting mine, more Glocks for someone else… :wink:

11 Likes

Glitch in the Matrix at 18:10! I love the 1911, thank you for the video.

7 Likes

“As you can see, we’ve had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson…” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Is the1911 Obsolete?

Probably only when females are obsolete. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don’t think it’s ever going to happen.

I’m not a 1911 guy . But for many years I have met so many individuals that will probably put one in their coffin.
Larry :wink:

12 Likes

Let me know where those folks are buried ! Need to take flowers or just visit for a few hours.

12 Likes

…and/or an E-Tool, I’m guessing…

6 Likes

Don’t think so love my 1911, a Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry. 45

14 Likes

All of mine are metal except my FNX-45 but that’s ok

7 Likes

I wouldn’t turn one down over the poly lower, I like my .45 auto guns and the thicker the better. :wink:

I’ve never shot one but think I probably should, though I know where that typically leads… :grinning:

I do love my 1911’s but my first and probably still favorite .45 ACP slinger is the CZ 97B (though the Smitty E-Series gives it a damn good run for the money). Still say they made that thing to fit my hand.

Actually, I kind of lied, I forgot that my Mk. IV 22/45 has a poly lower.

5 Likes

Is the1911 Obsolete?

maybe in another 110 years, but that’s IF they ever get small rail guns or hand phazers perfected.

And even then I doubt very few if any will be thrown away…

5 Likes

1911 will never go out of style. There simple design and allmost flawless reliability along with a gaping wound thanks to the 45acp. Tried and true time tested battle tested great pistol. I only carry heavy caliber pistols 357 snubby taurus revolver is my main edc but if im not wearing it ill have my norinco 1911. Ill take a few well placed big bullets over a barrage of double stack small bullets anyday. I love my 9mm but they are my plinking fun guns. If the day ever comes where i have to pull and use my sidearm i want there to be holes i can see threw.

11 Likes

A rule of gun fights is Big hole in Bigger Hole Out ! Basic Physic’s

8 Likes

Nothing to worry about, it was just resetting to delete Morphius.

Howard

5 Likes

Backhoe , I’m getting to old for an e-tool.

8 Likes

Carried one for 45+ years. On duty, off duty, taught at the academy with the same 1911 I carried on the street. Commercial Gov’t model made in 1962. Barsto barrel, S&W revolver sights and a crisp 4lb trigger. Will shoot under 1-2 inches at 25 yards (depends on ammo) and got me through 3 shootings. Never felt under gunned and capacity was what I was willing to carry on my belt. Still a great pistol.

11 Likes

They will bury this one with me—unless my Son( who is now a cop) sneaks it out of the casket.

9 Likes

We left my dads favorite mini14 in his casket during the service, and when they started wrapping it up the director asked if we would mind bringing the gun to the burial, since he couldnt transport it in the coffin/hearse with him.
My brother and i both looked at him and said… oh no, the rifle stays above ground.
Friends dont let friends bury guns.:wink:

8 Likes

When I think of names like Nighthawk, Alchemy, Wilson, Ed Brown , Les Baer, Evolution, etc etc for some reason custom built Glocks and Kel Tecs just don’t come to mind, so I’m going to have to go with a firm N-fukin-O!

4 Likes