M*CARBO Brotherhood

Is Dicks just being Dicks?

I read a nice headline today about Dick’s destroying $5M in AR’s.
I’m sure eating those costs really pleased the stock holders.
Well, bad for them and great for the manufacturers, I guess.
They accomplished nothing but hurting their bottom line.
All the people that would have bought the $5M of AR’s,
Will just buy them elsewhere, and probably cheaper.
The gun manufactures gets to sell $10M in guns.

That’s the way I see it, maybe I’m wrong.

16 Likes

Imo as a publicly traded company it’s worse than that its willful disregard for the company’s shareholders. If I owned stock in dicks I’d be talking to a lawyer.

12 Likes

Would have liked to be the fly on the wall during that meeting… Talk about shooing yourself in the foot…

12 Likes

I’d like to had the job of disposing of the AR’s, might be a crate or two made it home with me. Lol

11 Likes

definitely would have made a couple crates disappear, and me and some buddies happen to find completely different unrelated crates that following month :grinning::grinning:

8 Likes

Or every lower would magically become 80% with some good sandpaper work.

EDIT: To any LE reading this, this thread is all light humor, jokes and occasional rants.
I would never steal two crates of AR’s and sand the serial numbers off. I swear.

11 Likes

EDIT: To any LE reading this, this thread is all light humor, jokes and occasional rants.
I would never steal two crates of AR’s and sand the serial numbers off. I swear.
I never steal…just acquire

8 Likes

Note to self: BORROWING IS NOT STEALING? :innocent: (I swear!)

8 Likes

"Recycling "would be a more acceptable word. “waste not want not” comes to mind as well.

8 Likes

I like my dogs too much to make jokes like that on the internet…

6 Likes

Maybe they should have sold them and given the money to charity. Or how about donating them to law enforcement agencies?

IMHO it was a cheap public relations stunt to appeal to anti-gunners. Thanks Dick. I’ll buy my next jockstrap at a competitor! Ha

7 Likes

Never have and will not shop at Dicks Sporting Goods, they are anti-gun and that is enough for me!!

7 Likes

Should change the store name to “Dorks”

1 Like

Agree. Glad I got a really good deal on St. Croix fishing rods there about 5yrs ago, cause I will never go back.

1 Like