M*CARBO Brotherhood

Introduction required

To all my Mcarbo brothers…

I introduce to you my fist Grandchild!!

Maddox Allen Peterson

10/15 /19, 3:07 am,

8 pounds and 2 ounces. 21 inches My daughter (Lauren), son in law (Joe) and Maddox are all doing good. No problems. They are home now and enjoying their new miracle.

What a beautiful little man.

Can’t stop the tears of joy and love every time I look at the photo.

Giving the new parents some time to settle in, then on November 2 the wife and I are flying out to start the spoiling process.

22 Likes

@Captainjack88 congratulations :champagne::beer::fireworks::fireworks::tada:

8 Likes

@Captainjack88

That is so awesome!!! :+1:

8 Likes

@Captainjack88 ok grampaw Tony, congrats to the entire captainjack88 clan! no on to the important stuff, when you gettin first grandson his first 22? I would say at least 4, but you can start buying em now, while they are less expensive, that way you can break the Barrett 50 in before he turns 18…

8 Likes

@Captainjack88 congradulations anthony may you enjoy many years of joy and happyness
with your grandchild and may you have many more , treasure every moment :+1::baby:

8 Likes

@Captainjack88
Congrats and best wishes!

8 Likes

Congrats. Children and Grandchildren are one heck of a blessing

7 Likes

@GOBLIN
Well Buck I had to look that up as usual :v:

Quite the rifle!!!

I hope to have one by the time he is 18.:v::v::v:

Already told the wife I’m getting Maddox a 22ca soon.

8 Likes

Congratulations!! Let the fun begin lol

8 Likes

@Captainjack88 Hey Chris, congratulations! Don’t forget the .22lr handgun to go with that first rifle… gotta start 'em out right.

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 find him a lil 22 S/L/LR bolt action,single shot, Savage/Stevens used to make em, still a ton of em floating around cheap.
Ive gifted em to my grands and god children, lil singleshot teaches em good shot discipline from a early age. youngest ive gifted,4/5 oldest 7 (her mom was a worrywart)
cci CB 22 short are still available, found em for 100 rnds for $10.95 low noise, no recoil then they can move up to LR as they get older.

if ya get em somethin new, something like this, the SAVAGE RASCAL but it is .22LR only $149
aahhhhhhh many memories to be made here…
savage%20youth%20rifle135

7 Likes

@Festus
I’m on it
Can’t wait
So psych
:v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

6 Likes

@GOBLIN
I got one already
Winchester single shot
I inherited it 30 years ago when my mom died
It’s in need of some love
I’m going to refurbish the stock and get it running
Will need help from my brothers here :v::v:
When I get home I will post some photos.

6 Likes

A friend of mine and I did a scout intro to
rifle. The club bought 3 of the rascals with help from an ODNR grant.

7 Likes

@Captainjack88 Congrats on the grand-baby.
@wreknball03 Just had a new grand-baby yesterday.

Must be the magic week.

7 Likes

Thanks dam I’m so happy buetifull day for zjure

8 Likes

@wreknball03
George
Welcome to the brotherhood :v::v::v:
Congratulations on the Grandchild.
Way Cool​:v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

5 Likes

@GOBLIN
Hey Buck,
Winchester
Model 67A
I have never shot it.
This is the shape it was in when I got it.
I have kept it oiled over the years. The past year as I have started this new hobby I took the bolt completely apart and broke a spring. Order and install new one. Learn a good lesson there!
This will make a great starter rifle for my Grandson.
Especially sense it came from my mother.

11 Likes

@Captainjack88

Lucky young dude you have there. I’m over 50 and I am still looking forward to getting custody of my grandmother’s 22 short gallery gun. I’ve only recently grown into the maturity that will allow me to cherish it the way my grandmother did.

I mention this mostly 'cause I think the bright colored plastic rifles are worth considering on 2 points:. 1) how old will be old enough to treat it with the care required to preserve it? And, 2) what happens if his little brother or sister is the one that really appreciates firearms or family tradition?

I am suggesting you might want to consider teaching them on starters that are replaceable. Letting them shoot your mom’s gun with you while you’re at the range will make it really obvious if they are ready to appreciate the history over the bright and shiny.

I do have my first 22 (a Glenfield 25 box mag, bolt gun) and it bears lots of scars from the carless way I handled it as a child.

9 Likes

@Dred
Milton,
Wow :v:
I have read your post 3 times✌️
Thinking, thinking, thinking…
What’s a poor boy to do now…
Good advice, I love it✌️
I have some time to figure this out.
He is only 4 DAYS OLD :rofl:
I will get this rifle in top notch shape, not only for him but for me and my Mom.
With some help from the Brotherhood I will learn about how to refurbish a stock and it will look outstanding :v::v:
I’m still on cloud 9, life is good :v::v::v:

7 Likes