M*CARBO Brotherhood

Introducing the Ruger-57 Pistol December 31, 2019

$679 at a local shop here right now. Yes, the FN has a mighty pricetag. The cost of the ammo keeps me from shooting mine more. It’s a ‘treat’ to get it out now and again. More guns from more manufacturers and a popularity gain might compell more companies to produce ammo, which should bring down the cost via competition.

8 Likes

This is definitely on my watch list for when they start hitting the gun sites. Already have an FN FiveseveN and a PS90. At the price the Ruger will be going for on the street, might be able to pick up two for the price of one FiveseveN.

6 Likes

Boils down to the 2 schools: Light Fast or Slow Heavy projectile and power. I submit for your review my favorite Youtuber Paul Harrell. THis is his 57 vs. meat target video. I prefer heavy projectiles myself.

8 Likes

Had the pleasure of seeing one in the desert this weekend. Is very pretty up close and sounds and performs well. Saw the owner fire a couple of mags worth at a target 30yrds away. Very accurate! He claimed the ammo was rated at 2000+fps…wow!

I fear another gun argument with wifey coming my way…hahaha

9 Likes

@Zjan its always better to ask for forgiveness than permission brother :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I would like to get one! The caliber is very interesting and now that more guns are being made for it the possibilities are endless! I could see Ruger releasing a version of the PC carbine in 5.7x28 to go along with the 57 Pistol! It just makes since to have both the pistol and carbine just like in 9mm and 40SW,
New to the Brotherhood but not to the Firearms Industry/Game!

8 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome to the Brotherhood

7 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome aboard

9 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome to the Hood’ Enjoy’

8 Likes

Welcome and heck ya on the Carbine… Would be amazing and certainly (would) extend the range of usefulness for hunting or long range target shooting…

6 Likes

@AF22Raptor welcome to the forum angel

8 Likes

Been drooling over the FN 5.7 for a couple years; price has always stopped me. But, perhaps now I can give in to the desire…

8 Likes

I have the FN57, but am eagerly awaiting getting my hands on the Ruger-57. Twice the fun!

5 Likes

This idea has me interested, even better if they could pull it off with an interchangeable mag well and 5.7 takedown barrel you could swap with your existing PCC. :+1:

6 Likes

@DuckButt Welcome to the Brotherhood.

6 Likes

The FN is bare bones basic in its simplicity,sometimes less is more.

5 Likes

2,800+fps I think.the desert…reminds me of home.i chewed up a lot of the Mojave in my younger days.that one toxic desert!

5 Likes

@DuckButt welcome to the forum don

6 Likes

@DuckButt Welcome aboard.

5 Likes

Great idea, but the magwell isn’t long enough to handle the fiveseven magazine, I’d wager.

5 Likes