M*CARBO Brotherhood

Introducing the Ruger-57 Pistol December 31, 2019

Here’s another
9 Likes

I dont think i will replace my Five seveN with it… looks a lot like the FN, cept for that double mule ear safety. I get a chance at the LGS when i get out again, I will try one against the FN

course i did get it, 7000 rnds of ammo, PS90 and a girlfriend, plus a upcoming move back up to the hills all for the price of getting greasy for a couple days :crazy_face:

9 Likes

bunch of carbines out if ya want familiarity of arms, a good one is the CMMG pistol AR configuration. bunch of em out there though carbine wise. Ruger a lil late coming to the dance
.https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/07/26/cmmg-unveils-ultra-compact-ar-pistols-fn-57mm.html

6 Likes

It’s on my list of wants. Probably wait on a used one though as it’s a WANT and not a NEED. Probably find one in the $400-$450 range then pull the trigger.

Love Ruger pistols and everyone I have ever owned has performed flawlessly

22Plinkster did a review on the 57 already. Ran 6-700 rounds flawlessly and ringing steel easily at 100 yards. He even had some prototype speed gold dot rounds for it to try and definitely show some promise

9 Likes

Having been a FiveseveN owner almost since inception, this is good news.

7 Likes

I have a five seven pistol and have owned a ps-90 in the past, I really love these firearms but do feel they are over priced. This Ruger may be an excellent alternate to the original. Maybe with another firearm being chambered for the 5.7 maybe there will cheaper and better ammo choices.

8 Likes

Bolt gun. Please give us a bolt gun!

5 Likes

I have been wanting an FN 5.7 x 28 pistol for a long time but the sticker price has kept me away. I will be looking to buy a Ruger once the hype is over and hope that the price levels out to around $600.00

8 Likes

$679 at a local shop here right now. Yes, the FN has a mighty pricetag. The cost of the ammo keeps me from shooting mine more. It’s a ‘treat’ to get it out now and again. More guns from more manufacturers and a popularity gain might compell more companies to produce ammo, which should bring down the cost via competition.

8 Likes

This is definitely on my watch list for when they start hitting the gun sites. Already have an FN FiveseveN and a PS90. At the price the Ruger will be going for on the street, might be able to pick up two for the price of one FiveseveN.

6 Likes

Boils down to the 2 schools: Light Fast or Slow Heavy projectile and power. I submit for your review my favorite Youtuber Paul Harrell. THis is his 57 vs. meat target video. I prefer heavy projectiles myself.

7 Likes

Had the pleasure of seeing one in the desert this weekend. Is very pretty up close and sounds and performs well. Saw the owner fire a couple of mags worth at a target 30yrds away. Very accurate! He claimed the ammo was rated at 2000+fps…wow!

I fear another gun argument with wifey coming my way…hahaha

6 Likes

@Zjan its always better to ask for forgiveness than permission brother :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I would like to get one! The caliber is very interesting and now that more guns are being made for it the possibilities are endless! I could see Ruger releasing a version of the PC carbine in 5.7x28 to go along with the 57 Pistol! It just makes since to have both the pistol and carbine just like in 9mm and 40SW,
New to the Brotherhood but not to the Firearms Industry/Game!

7 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome to the Brotherhood

5 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome aboard

6 Likes

@AF22Raptor Welcome to the Hood’ Enjoy’

6 Likes

Welcome and heck ya on the Carbine… Would be amazing and certainly (would) extend the range of usefulness for hunting or long range target shooting…

3 Likes

@AF22Raptor welcome to the forum angel

4 Likes

Been drooling over the FN 5.7 for a couple years; price has always stopped me. But, perhaps now I can give in to the desire…

4 Likes