Inherited 32-40 Ammo

Bought a house that belonged to a deceased relative. During remodel discovered 5 boxes of pristine 32-40 John Wayne ammo. Just curious what should it be worth and where can I sell it. I do not have rifle for the ammo.

3 Likes

20 round box… around 90 bucks is the going price. The John Wayne branding makes it more collectable. If you want it to sell fast, let it go for $75.

Good luck, pilgrim.

3 Likes

@PTD237
Welcome to the Forum.

You might want to read the Forum Guidelines if you haven’t already.
You’ll find a post on this Forum called Explain Your Profile Picture & Screen Name 😶
Curious where your PTF237 is created from.
Also we have a monthly friendly shooting competition, check out the robin egg blue header banner, explains all. Hope you can hang around and engage some of the interesting topics, not only firearms here. There is also an introduce yourself post if you like to visit, here is the link First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! 🌈
Cheers,

3 Likes

@Moosecall Aw, shucks…

@PTD237 Gunbroker.com makes it easy. You could try a local gun shop. Especially if it’s one that has a decent inventory of vintage long guns. Or poke around and look for a forum that have a group who has vintage Marlin or Winchester members.

1 Like

@PTD237 If you’re looking to make a quick buck without having to sell online and shipping it, I’d suggest finding a schedule of gun shows in your area. There’s a lot of collectors that go to those shows, and less common ammo is extremely hard to find right now

4 Likes