M*CARBO Brotherhood

Info On The Glock And Multi Versions

I want to know since its imposable to find any sub 2000 right now, the glock version can be found, still not that easy. If I get a Glock version 9mm, if I can buy the parts to convert it to the multi version with the specific mag release. will it work being converted? What parts do I need? where can I get all the parts?

2 Likes

I know that you can buy different mag catch kits from keltectecweapons.com. Go to rifles -> sub 2k -> accessories and scroll through the kits.

3 Likes

Yeah I can get those from kel-tec, and here from Mcarbo. I want to know if the pistol grips can be changed, do I need to change the bolt or anything else?

2 Likes

Keltec sells the parts for either option, I’ve never tried but only the “S2K-410 L&R GRIP” differs between options, $50…what a steal. It’s worth calling support to confirm, they are super helpful.
321-631-0068
Please report back if you do it
https://www.keltecweapons.com/s2k-410-l-r-grip-1055

Btw the subs are not hard to find, here’s one of many

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/764501815

Good luck and be safe

4 Likes

Classic Firearms has .40 Cal in stock. Seems that Beretta 96 optioned are plentiful but they also have 2 in stock compatible with G22.

2 Likes

Hi. FYI, if this helps, I originally bought the Glock 22 version because here in CA they never had the G23 version in stock. I wanted the 23 because I have a G23 pistol and wanted to be able to share mags either direction. So, after I bought my M-Carbo trigger upgrade kit I ordered the G23 version pistol grips from Kel Tek. I say pistol grips but really the two,polymer halves form the whole receiver. I want to say it was about $50 and I ordered them by phone directly from Kel Tek. When I put in my trigger upgrade (M-Carbo has great videos that walk you through it) I simply swapped out the old grips/receiver for the new. It was easy. If you aren’t comfortable with it you can send the rifle to Kel Tek and they will do it for you (not sure what they charge). Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Lots of them available on Gunbroker.com.9mm and 40 cal in Glock, Berrata and S&W. I got my sub2k, a Glock 23 model in n/b for $345 new in box.

1 Like

Go to Palmetto State Armory. Type in the search bar Kel-Tec. It will show in stock and out of stock items. Click on the one you are looking for and if it’s out of stock, input your email address. When they get them in you will get an email. I was looking for one 8 months last year. NO LUCK!! Then I input my email address and 2 months late I have a Glock 19 version. You need to buy the second you get the email. I had a buddy that waited 15 - 20 min. and they were gone!!

1 Like

Virtually every version is available on gunbroker.com.

The only question is, are you ready to pony up the cash?

1 Like

If I get a Glock version 9mm, if I can buy the parts to convert it to the multi version with the specific mag release. will it work being converted?

Yes. If you are keeping with the same caliber. You will need to buy new Left/Right grip panels, as well as the correct mag release base and the mag release specific to the type you are trying to convert to.
If you are converting from Glock to Multi-Mag you will need to buy from KelTec:
-S2K-410 L&R GRIP
-S2K-205 MAG CATCH BASE (or MCarbo equivalent)
-S2K-205 BER MAG CATCH KIT (This is for beretta mags, you can choose whichever one you want)

After swapping those out, it should work just fine.

1 Like

You know, I might go in to the business of buying multi version and swapping to Glock and selling it on gun broker for a tidy profit… Damn theives, if you can’t beat em’ join em’ right?:money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I went to a different shop yesterday, half hour from me but i was buying mower parts and the guy wanted to meet at the gas station right below it. They had two glock versions of 9mm, $399 a piece.

1 Like

Gonna need an FFL to keep the BATFE out of your butt if you’re serious. :rofl:

2 Likes

No, not serious, but I don’t see why what the mag is matters when you’re buying one, just buy the cheapest one and you can change it for $50 or less…

1 Like

It will be more than $50. Just the basic black set of receiver halves is $50 from Kel-Tec. Then add shipping, the cost of the mag catch, Locktite 380 if you don’t have some, etc.

3 Likes

I digress, it will be more than 50, but if you can’t find a Glock, I’d still just get a multimag and pay the $80 to have both options available to you😉

2 Likes

I can’t believe the Glock version is that hard to find. I just up and decided I wanted one at the end of last year, found a place on-line in North Dakota, ordered it and had it sent to my local FFL that day. Yeah, I might have paid a little to much for it, but I didn’t care. :+1:

4 Likes

What about going from multi to glock, do i need the glock release? Guess i thought it would come with the panels

4 Likes

@Gilligan369 Yes, you need Glock mag catch, might as well get the mcarbo extended mag release😉

3 Likes

Boom. I felt the stock mag catch was perfectly fine and I wasn’t going to tear it all down again just for the MCARBO mag catch. Well, go figure… Santa (Chris) sent me a prototype trigger bar to test, unbeknownst to me. So, since I had to crack it open again, I went ahead and bought the MCARBO mag catch and it really is a nice piece. Then again, maybe that was Chris’ ploy all along to get me to install his mag catch? :rofl:

3 Likes