M*CARBO Brotherhood

Inexpensive C-Clips at Ace

Hello fellow MCB’s,
During one of my many disassembles to install MCARBO parts in my Sub2000 I had a c-clip fly across the kitchen to places unknown and unfindable (probably the same place where missing socks go). The next day I brought the remaining c-clip to Ace hardware and was able to buy another one for 45 cents. Sorry I forgot to write the size or item number of the Ace c-clip to share with you but, just know that most places like Ace or Home Depot are going to have your replacement clips for a very minuscule price.

13 Likes

@Streamside
Kevin that is a great post. My Home Depot Does not carry much but our Ace hardware store is an old one with many hidden gems.

5 Likes

I’ve used Ace Hardware springs and clips for numerous projects and find they usually have what I need (or a suitable substitute) for a fraction of what I would pay for an OEM part. Everything from automotive to lawn mower to firearm parts.

3 Likes

That is why we had a nickname for those c-clips. When I was in the Navy. We used to call those things Jesus clips because you would always shout Jesus when it flew away. Never to be seen again.

3 Likes