Independence Day 2022

The Fourth of July is more than fireworks, barbecue, beer and baseball — much more. It’s a day that marks the anniversary of one of the most momentous occasions in human history.

On that day in 1776, 56 brave men signed their names to the Declaration of Independence, proclaiming that the 13 original American colonies were no longer willing to live under tyrannical British rule.

Those men — now under attack from the “woke” enemy within, and without whom these people wouldn’t have the freedom to speak their minds — risked their own fortunes, their safety and that of their families by signing the document.

They were still in the earliest stages of a war against an enemy that vastly outgunned them and was better trained. By signing their names to the very spirit of patriotism, the men risked being hanged in the event of defeat; and they risked consigning their families to lives of misery and poverty and persecution.

They were not alone. Thousands of the signers’ fellow countrymen had already denounced loyalty to Great Britain and taken up arms against the British in the name of American independence. Seven bloody years after the signing of the Declaration and eight bloody years after the initial shots at Lexington and Concord, a new, free, republic was born.

Those 56 who risked their lives by signing their names to a document that declared in no uncertain terms that they meant to create a better place where freedom reigned supreme would undoubtedly have trouble recognizing their nation today.

Our government today has taken on many of the characteristics of the British government that the Founders sought to separate themselves from 244 years ago.

The Founders wrote that the King of England had “(C)ombined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws…”

It is not a stretch to see the parallels today. Even so, not one in a million suspects that the government is at total war against the American people in a thousand ways.

Racial strife and political strife are the tools of their war, currently on display across the country.

Of course, the notion that one’s race automatically grants upon him at birth special privileges, entitlements or rights not possessed by others is patently false.

Given the state of political discourse and the tendency for bureaucracy to destroy freedom in order to centralize power and enrich the oligarchs, the federal government has effectively come to represent everything for which those men claimed disdain in the Declaration.

I urge everyone to take time from your celebratory fireworks, meal preparations or travel this weekend to remember the Fourth of July is Independence Day. Take a step back and realize that brave men signed the document at risk of death, and continued to risk life and limb for almost a decade more.

They, and many other men and women who understood what liberty means, fought for and died for our freedom. We cannot let the meaning and importance of their fight for independence get away from us.

Edited to add this is taken from Bob Livingston Alerts, published by Personal Liberty Media Group.

21 Likes

18 Likes

A rather fitting piece from The Post…

15 Likes

To the signers of the Declaration of Independence and all those who defended it:

22 Likes

@Texprep

That is very eloquently and well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope everyone will genuinely take Mikes request to heart.

And wherever you are when you set aside this time to honor these brave men, also take a moment and look around you.
Whether you’re at a party, family get-together, BBQ or camping, going on a bike run, watching your local fireworks show, having your own fireworks show with the kids, or just spending the holiday at home, it doesn’t matter.

Whatever it is you see at that moment…

Your family, your home, your friends, a bountiful table, the right to be wherever it is you are… you have all of those things because of what those brave men did.

If we don’t each personally do our part, to be certain this doesn’t happen, all of those things you saw when you looked around, and the rights and privileges as an American that gave you (us) all those things, could slip from our grasp, to never be regained

18 Likes

Happy independence day to all of you and your family’s. Hope everyone has a great weekend and for you guys with the 37mm launchers and box of fun for it be safe.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Well I’m late Dave with my 37mm this year but I got one coming very soon. :wink:
Lord willing next 4th or probably before. BOOM
And hoping you and yours have a great weekend as well.
Larry :grinning:

9 Likes

Should be ready by about 2pm tomorrow. Top one has Campfire Dust rub, middle has Roasted Garlic and Beer rub, and the bottom has Mountain Man Bourbon rub. Smoking with pecan and mesquite.

13 Likes

Me to. I have a 10 pound pork butt on right now. Still waiting for my 165 to wrap it.

With luck maybe 6 or 7 to hit my number 200 205 :yum: :yum: :yum:
\I think we will eat well tonight.
Larry

Happy 4th Tex

Larry :yum:

12 Likes

10 Likes

Happy Independence Day!

9 Likes

Gov o Independence

15 Likes

13 Likes

Next year before we head out to front row seats to an absolutely amazing private fireworks show on the local river we’re going to listen to the oldest vet in the family read the Declaration. I’m really looking forward to it.

7 Likes

That is awesome!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I assume you will video that. If so, share that with us next Independence Day. Only 359 days to wait.

6 Likes