M*CARBO Brotherhood

Increased power recoil spring for pc carbine

Will I still be able to run 115 grain with the 15% stronger recoil spring for the ruger pc carbine?

1 Like

@Rawlfish Not a problem at all. Did you purchase the Recoil Reduction Bundle?

1 Like

Yes I got everything that it came with separately, the bundle was available after I had already purchased one of the three parts lol.

1 Like

The only parts I need now are compensator, trigger, and upgraded hardware.

1 Like

Yep. No problem. I tend to shoot that weight and have shot hundreds of rounds now with the heavier spring…

1 Like

You’re gonna love the trigger kit. So much better than OEM.

1 Like

I installed all of the upgrades to my Ruger PCC carbine. I have noticed that occasionally, during competition, the trigger doesn’t reset and I have to release the trigger and reengage the trigger to continue firing. The other thing I am having problems with is the failure of my bolt to lock-back after the final round is fired. I reload, and use a 147 gn bullet with Accurate #7 powder. I am using Glock 17, 10 rnd, magazines. I believe that I need to either increase the powder charge when reloading or I need to revert back to the stock bolt recoil spring. I suspect I will need to increase the powder charge to get the bolt to recoil far enough to allow the bolt to travel rearward enough to reset the trigger and allow the bolt lock back lever to activate and hold the bolt back after the last shot. I will try my theory the next time I am at the range.

@Thud Do you also range test your loads with a chronograph? Seems like that would be a useful tool to gauge changes? I’m not a reloader of bullets yet…:flushed::face_with_monocle:

No problem with the M*CARBO extra power recoil spring on my PCC9.