M*CARBO Brotherhood

In Your Opinion, What's The Best Home Defense Weapon?

Like you haven’t seen this question before… What’s your option?

2 Likes

@Pew_Ding Best weapon is the gun that you can aim, shoot and hit the intruder with.

4 Likes

something with a suppressor.Ive fired a weapon in a confined space before. one of the many reasons i hear the "bells"now.
at the point you wake and proceed, while searching for your target, you will be running on full Adrenalin dump.

those ear plugs on the bedside table will still be there, on the table.

you will grab the weapon and flashlight, and start a room to room.

4 Likes

Maybe a trunk monkey? LOL

3 Likes

Negotiation. Communication. Moderation. Avoidance. Non-violence.

However, I’ve got an AK-47, a 12-gauge, and a .45 if all else fails…

7 Likes

I’m not sure what the best one would be , but I have a little something in almost every room. If it will neutralize the threat , I’m all for it. 9mm ,38 super ,5.56, 6mm all good.

4 Likes

I think it depends on the situation if it was night and you were woken suddenly I would say a shotgun because they are point and pull which would make it easier to hit target for someone who’s been woken from a deep sleep by an intruder.

If a person was awake and there home anything that goes bang and will stop intruder, Baseball batt or compound bow

3 Likes

Planning is the “best” home defense weapon. Figuring is dangerous when you have a serious time crunch. Having a plan to execute in defense of your home and loved ones short cuts that figuring tax.

4 Likes

Sounds like I need to dig some punji pits around the house!

5 Likes

12 gauge shotgun, with a short stock and shortest barrel you can legally put on it.

1 Like

What’s the hype around those shockwave shotguns? The videos I see are those shotguns flying out of peoples hands, is that just exaggerated or?

1 Like

@Matt just fun little toys that don’t require a tax stamp, assuming you leave it as is. It doesn’t kick that bad. I shot about a dozen buckshot from Remington’s version, a Tac-14. It kicks but it’s controllable. A tax stamp to get it to an SBS status would be nice.

1 Like

It’s exaggerated. Pistol grip shotguns have been around forever. The Shockwave even has a heavy duty strap on the pump slide. Some dude in Texas just got his head blown off with a Shockwave over an argument about trash.

1 Like

The shockwave has a 14 inch barrel to my understanding and a pistol grip making it a compact package, I think a bullpup shotgun like the keltec would make a pretty good home defense, I never shot the keltec so I’m not sure how it is but the design is nice for close quarter

2 Likes

Much higher capacity too, and easier to put lights or a sight on. The KSG might be my first shotgun, at some point.

Plus, if you wanted you could load slugs in one tube and shot in the other. Kinda iffy for defense though, but it’s a cool idea.

2 Likes

That’s keltec in a nutshell for ya, ideally great but in practice, not quite proven… I still like that they try these new things…

4 Likes

@Omnivious Agreed, something cool looking will always have an interest from people but if it can’t perform then it will never take off. MCARBO saw that the Sub-2000 was worth improving upon and aren’t we all glad about that.

5 Likes

Long gun…I prefer my Spikes AR.
I have a 590A1 w/ghost ring sights but it’s better suited to shooting big dangerous game up close with slugs.
I have pistols and they can suffice in a pinch out and about but at home give me my AR
Sgt Mike

3 Likes

couple of good guard dogs trained of course keeping them in house while you are and of course a shot gun [mind ya don’t shoot the 4 legged dogs :grin::dog2::dog2:

3 Likes

schutzhund_red_and_blue_mousepad

5 Likes