M*CARBO Brotherhood

IMPROVEMENTS TO pmr-30 KELTEC

PMR-30 BUNDLE LOOKS TO BE THE NEXT GREAT THING FOR KELTEC… THANKS M CARBO (CHRIS NELSON) !! NEXT IN LINE FOR DEVELOPMENT IS THE RECOIL SPRING BUFFER… IT MELTS UNDER FIRE… WE APPRECIATE WHAT YA DO ! 2020-05-28T00:00:00Z!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood @Mkmrjsn7. I emailed Keltec for a spare buffer since if it breaks or gets lost you’re pretty much done. They didn’t send me one, they sent me three and didn’t charge me for them. Never shot it enough fast enough to get hot enough to melt a buffer though. I take it you speak with the voice of experience? :smile:

6 Likes

Yip pretty

much… a lot of rounds down range just requires a lot of cleaning and wear & tear on moving parts!!

Sid USMC RET.
318-286-0288
sid3san@att.net

5 Likes

@phuzzy42 I just went on Kel Tec Site and Order a 6 pack Just to have some as Spares and a new firing Pin and Block and Spring’
In case they go by on the Way side, After breaking one this week’
Can’t really Complain’ that’s after 1000’s of rounds and it looks to be not made out of Good Steel, and it’s lasted 10 years of hard use.

3 Likes

@Mkmrjsn7 Welcome aboard and Semper Fi

3 Likes

I’ve never had mine break but I like to have spares of critical parts, especially now when it can be hard to get them.

Haven’t shot my PMR for a couple months - it seemed better to practice with EDC and home defense guns. My wife keeps the PMR by the bed because she likes it better than her SR-22 - 25 rounds of delicious screaming booming goodness with a 4’ muzzle flash to scare the bejeezus out of bad guys … and no recoil.

4 Likes

I believe you asked what part for the PMR30 should you work on next!
How about making the plastic buffer fro the recoil spring out of alumminum instead for greater durabiity.

Yes indeed. MCarbo improvements are outstanding!! Maybe Chris will either manufacture the buffer… or just buy out Kel-Tec and build the PMR-30 right the first time…

Sid USMC RETIRED
sid3san@att.net

1 Like

Dear Sgt,

While I respect what Chris accomplishes I also highly respect the engineering originality of Kel-tec.
Since I own a number of kel-tec products I find their originality refreshing compared to the majority of traditional manufacturers.
Both are of course necessary and welcome as are the interesting designs from other countries. I an a bit partial to the Canik brand as I have found their products effective and accurate as well as conveniently priced.
Owning a number of different types of weapons has given me a new perspective on what can be accomplished with various types.
The consistent accuracy of pcp air rifles is well appreciated and capable, while perhaps range may be more limited than powder based weapons.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Phil

Hi all, I ordered the steel feeding ramp and upgraded mag release for my buddy’s PMR-30, installation was pretty straight forward following the MCARBO video, my buddy took it home and is telling me that the gun fails to feed on every shot. Any ideas on what may have gone wrong? ill be taking it apart this evening once he gates it back to me.