M*CARBO Brotherhood

I'm a great grandfather

I don’t even know where to start with this. I’ll try to be brief. I was having dinner with my 20 year old grand daughter (Megan) when she mentioned that her dad had fathered a child before he met and married his wife. After he and that girl friend broke up they found out she was pregnant. He never said anything to me about that for all these years and still hasn’t. ( Really irks me but that’s another story) She has a 5 year old son. Her name is Gabi and I have reached out to her on FB and am waiting to see where it goes, if anywhere. I’m very excited for at least a chance to meet them and try to build some kind of relationship. They live only a couple hours away. Wish me luck.

17 Likes

Wishing you the best good luck with all that the future holds

6 Likes

Ironbutt70 David

We have had already similar circumstances with a son and I wish you the best.
I would carefully suggest you pace yourself very slowly as you proceed forward.

In the future I think it’s probably going to get real tricky for Grandpa and Grandma.

My half and I wish you and yours the best.

Larry
PS We use to call them Family Meetings :flushed:

7 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:
Hoping the best for you bud.

6 Likes

Same here, life is short, best of luck moving forward. :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Her grandmother (my ex) is long gone and will never be part of the picture. My current wife would welcome her with open arms. How my son deals with this is strictly his business but I will not discuss with him what I’m doing now. She and him have to figure that out how to move forward on their own. I asked Jr. to tell me about her after I found out. No response, which doesn’t surprise me, so I will make any decisions about how I will go forward when I hear something back from Gabi. I will honor any decision she makes but will always leave the door open. Whatever ensues I will tread lightly, be patient and pray for a good outcome for all. Gabi and Jr. have been in contact but where things are now with them I can only guess.

6 Likes

@Ironbutt70 good luck to you and your great grandchild david

3 Likes

luck to ya brother… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Have been messaging with Gabi on FB. So far so good but this is all new territory for me. She’s open to eventually meeting us but I’m not going to push it. I made it very clear that any time and date for us to meet would be 100% up to her. For now I’ll just wait until she and Jr. figure out what they want to do. My great grandson’s name is Zayden and will hopefully have a pic soon. More to come.

5 Likes

I have lived with the same situation for 25 years. From experience I can tell you that family is more than a genetic connection, its a multi layered complex relationship that effects are compounded. This situation was something that was not welcomed by all my family, some begrudgingly accepted it, others did not. Same on my newly found daughters side if that family. In the end after the curiosity, obligation impulse and a fog of semi truths settled, it fizzled out. Just too much drag on existing family relationships on both family sides. Please feel free to PM me if you need to discuss it.

2 Likes