M*CARBO Brotherhood

If you had a choice to buy pistol or long gun

For home defense I have a Mossberg 500A 12 gauge pump…5+1 and a home security barrel.
Loaded with Winchester PDX1…Defender

5 Likes

Using the JT Defense mount… Very solid! I’m using a Vortex Venom red dot since I use on my PC9 already as well. 3 MOA and came with a hat. Haha

4 Likes

My budget is about $600 no more, don’t forget the tax which would bring it up another $48 plus dollars on $600. Then the cost of ammo if going to different caliber. No being cheap just realistic about the situation. I have 9mm for my S2k and my pistols. 00 Buck and slugs. 7.62x39 SKS last my wife’s 38 caliber revolver. Had also 40 Glock 23 gen3 sold it. Sorry that I did.

6 Likes

A pair of Ruger’s, 10/22 and a Wrangler. You get both a rifle and a handgun, as both are .22’s and there’s money left in the tank, you can get some ammo too.

7 Likes

Buy on line and pay no tax!!! And get the best deal available.

2 Likes

2 Likes

There are some deals out there gotta act fast though! Out of the Savage already.

3 Likes

If I had one and only one long gun to buy…AR platform in .300 Blackout. Excellent weapon system!

7 Likes

I grew up shooting rifles at a young age hunting on our lease in GA, Had a tube fed Springfield bolt action.22 my poppa gave and a 410 when I was 8. So growing up with them and being most familiar with them I would take a rifle.

6 Likes

The latest and greatest question ever. Right now during the Coronavirus madness. I would say 45 cal handgun as I only found 40, 45 and 12 gauge ammo is left on shelves.
Btw… Good luck on your Decision.

4 Likes

Well I have the funds for a CZ-Scorpion. As soon my CZ dealer has back in stock I will buying one in Battleship gray. Do some up grades with HB Industries in the next county to me roughly 30 minute drive from home. So this my choice to buy.

4 Likes

If I had the money I would purchase a PSA AK-E. I’ve been seeing a lot of really good things about it, and I really want an AK platform.

4 Likes

Ruger PC Charger with all the best mods…did I already say that?:see_no_evil::eyes::scream::boom:

2 Likes

Just found out that CZ discontinued the Micro scorpion. So going with Extar PCC 9mm. Went thru a bunch of u-tube on this pistol. No brainer. $419 and a made in the USA right here in my state. Don’t need to spend a lot of money for the same results. Pull trigger bang.

3 Likes

@killingjoke I just sold my Extar exp gen2 ( the unicorn gun ) it was fun and LOUD just didn’t really serve the use I was wanting so I sold it for almost double what I bought it for

3 Likes

@killingjoke

There are a few Micro Scorpions for sale on Gunbroker right now.

4 Likes

Caution with 22 ammo in your AR. 22 ammo in your AR WILL slowly begin to clog your gas tube. It is dirty plus it spits minute lead & copper particles with each round and over time it will clog your gas system. Good thing is that the gas tube is easily replaced if you ever notice a loss of performance when shooting 556. Better to find yourself a cheap barrel and cap the gas hole and use that as your dedicated 22 barrel. You’ll have fun putting it together…just the way you want it and you will have two upper receivers …one for cheap training, plinking and fun…,the other one for full power use.

2 Likes

Goblin…or anyone else…can anyone tell me about those folding stock adapters ?
I have a law tactical folder on my PCC…but I have never seen those before. You got me curious. Can you tell me about them…are they good, sturdy, price on them, pros…cons. Alum or steel ?

1 Like

Compromise with an AR15 pistol.

1 Like

Recently bought a FM9. It is one of my favorites now.

4 Likes