M*CARBO Brotherhood

If you are buying Ammo... Where?

Awesome! Thanks buddy! Will save me the trip in case they don’t allow it. If they do allow it, maybe we can meet another time and practice or setup some toys.

3 Likes

I remember when I could buy 124 Gr. Gold Dot blems for twenty cents a round in bulk packs of 350. Ah, the good old days.

8 Likes

Ordered today @ 12:50pm some Igman 7.62x39mm from Target Sports USA at very good price. Brass casing, non-corrosive, non-magnetic and 123gr.

Igman 7.62x39mm Ammo 123 Grain Fulll Metal Jacket (targetsportsusa.com)

$0.52 ppr, bought 2 x 720 for $747.84 free shipping, no tax. (added $11.59 insurance) total $759.43
And they shipped today @ 1:40pm! It arrives Friday! Talk about fast shipping! Got a funny pic of them packing really fast on my shipping confirmation email… :rofl:

unnamed

8 Likes

Went to Academy for the first time in about a week and a half. Looks as if they are no longer my go to place for ammo. Pickings are real slim. The only Russian ammo they had was the same as last week Tulammo .223. No 9mm, lots of CCI Blazer brass case .380 for $26.99 a box of 50. That $26.99 a box of .380 looks as if that might be the new normal. Same price at Academy and Cabelas the last couple of months. Academy had CCI Mini Mag 22 LR 100 rd plastic boxes for $11.99 and CCI Maxi Mag 22 WMR plastic boxes a box of 50 for $16.99. Not too bad a price and bought some of those. Haven’t been to Cabelas or Rural King in the last few weeks and might check them out in the next few days.
Ever since the Ban on Russian Ammo was announced most of that ammo has ceased to exist and the prices on USA made ammo has risen. I’m glad my ammo seeking is ending and not liking what I’m seeing price wise.

5 Likes

I received my Norma .308 shipment today. Good looking rounds, impressive packaging, like 50 years from now sitting in your safe they will still be doing ok, impressive. I like the snap-able 10/5 round plastic carriers. Retention possibly too good? Removing a single round is done pressing with the face of ones thumb at the neck reduction in a upward motion rather than trying to pull out the top. Sorry if everyone but me already knew that. Seems to a good value. Can’t comment on range performance
since I have not completed my first M5 build (assembly) yet.

5 Likes

I go to academy every Tuesday and Friday and I get 4 100 round boxes of federal red box 115g brass for 31.99-36.99 each which is my daily limit. Every couple weeks I might throw on a hat and double up. They have not missed a 9 mil or really any other caliber delivery here in Tennessee since right around memorial Day. Maybe once a month on a delivery day they won’t have Federal Red box and they’ll have Winchester white box. And they always have 200 rounders of something Russian steel for about 60 and 50 rounders of blazer or Norma brass for $16-20. The price fluctuates every week. The 9mm ammo is usually completely gone by the end of day.

8 Likes

edgararroyo
EXCELLENT place to buy from. Been a Prime Member for several years.
Like everyone else prices got a little stupid but seem to be slowly going back to their old ways. :+1: A good thing.

Larry :innocent:

5 Likes

Stopped in this week at a location in Alabama. The price was close to reasonable for 9m and on the shelves. Same with .380 and Remington 223/556.
Like hitting the store lottery being able to buy all three calibers, 2 boxes of each kind!

5 Likes

OK. I just pulled the trigger on some of the Norma Tactical stuff. .308 and 9mm to get to my $50 for free shipping. I HATE paying shipping. So we’ll see. But the price is great.

6 Likes

I almost got the Prime thingy for $95 but I remembered I’m full and stocked up, going to save it for when I need more or prices go REALLY low.

4 Likes

.42 cents a round after shipping. Not great, but not terrible for the times.

8 Likes

Got my 1440 rounds of Igman 7.62x39mm

8 Likes

Targetsportsusa.com is selling Winchester white box 147 gn 9 mm for .95 cents a round. I think I’ll pass on that. Not sure what they are thinking there. Maybe trying to get in on the price gouging 6 months to late?

7 Likes

@Jperr, a friend of mine has been buying ammo at Academy and reselling it since last November , he says he’s made almost 20K. Looks like you missed the boat as a reseller. Not sure where ammo prices are going. .380 & 9mm were selling for $.34 a round, not anymore.

1 Like

There is no Academy near me, and I’m not trying to resell anything. I’m just wondering what Target is thinking here. They are usually pretty reasonable.

5 Likes

Still terrible. As are the times…

9 Likes

Seems like Jperr is saying If someone is dumb enough to pay .95 when they can have it delivered to their doorstep for less than half that, shame on them.

7 Likes

Ive been noticing the prices tryin creep back up some calibers have went back up significantly. And even places that was back down to 17 18 dollars a box for fmj 9mm are now around 22 dollars for same box. And it seems like more places wanting to sell in bulk rather then single boxes. Explain how you can have 5000 round bulk packs in stock but your single boxes sold out? I buy in bulk when i can but i would say majority of my ammo stocks come from pickin up couple boxes here couple boxes there. I very seldom have 1000 bucks layin around to drop on one order of bullets.

9 Likes

Great point on the full cases, but out of stock on a few boxes. How about they split open a case at a time and sell the smaller boxes to keep customers engaged, and still sell the unopened cases to those that can drop the bigger $?
One newer theory regarding firearms views (read control) from the current administration that has creeping around lately, if they can’t control the firearms, they will try and control the ammo.
Just saying for a friend.

6 Likes

Answered your own question right there.

7 Likes