M*CARBO Brotherhood

If you are buying Ammo... Where?

Curious who folks trust to buy ammo from nowadays. Someone here pointed to a site called “Ammoseek” and I have been looking there lately. In 2020 I have bought from LAX Ammo (constantly out of stock in everything 9mm now) and BulkMunitions (crazy expensive now for FMJ target loads). The purchases went through with no problem other than the number of greenbacks expended. There are so many other sources on Ammoseek I have never heard of that sound, well, dubious.

Who do you trust?

8 Likes

@JimmySquib Try Gunbroker. You can block out the auctions and just look at the Buy It Now. You can also sort from Low to High pricing. Sellers have feedback ratings like Ebay. I would just watch out for new sellers with very few sales that only except checks, and there are many looking to make money since ammo prices skyrocketed.

9 Likes

Thanks dave67. I went over and looked around there at various listings using the filters you suggested. Still not comfy with listings like “Charlies Armory”, “dogsteve343”, “ammoj9”, etc. If only there was a big name who has a reputation to uphold.

Don’t get me wrong. I want little guys in the game. And I don’t begrudge sellers from charging what the market will bear. I’m a capitalist. But who are the little guys and who are the grifting bastards who will steal your ID and sell it on the internet.

8 Likes

Youngest son bought some 300 BO ammo from Freedom Munitions

10 Likes

@JimmySquib you’ll have to torture me to tell!!! Haha

12 Likes

@GOBLIN Buck, we’ve got a mission for ya… :grinning:

11 Likes

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
let me delve into the bag of tricks…

11 Likes

@GOBLIN hahaha youll have to catch me first!

10 Likes

I sent tha pup a “woof” (Puppy version of tweet) about the couch being marked as a target of opportunity :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Rumor has it, Kona captured one of these…

15 Likes

@GOBLIN (SPEWING COFFEE) Everywhere’ That’s F*****g Funny’ :rofl:

4 Likes

@JimmySquib Tim I’ve used (ammo supply wharehouse) for years here in AK’ Prior to the Latest Ammo B.S. So I can’t Tell You If they have Jumped on the Band Wagon Of ‘‘Bending the Customer Over Backwards’’ for Needed Supplies. As far as to Credit Cards etc, Secured and never had any Issues.

7 Likes

22TCM was still reasonably priced (1k for $350) and available. They didn’t have much of anything else when I peeked last week.

6 Likes

Try the “WikiArms” app

8 Likes

I just purchased from Able Ammo this AM. Delivery date is this Saturday so Fed EX says but you know how that goes ! Miracles are amazing, the ammo was delivered Saturday as Fed Ex said it would !! :smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grin:

8 Likes

That’s the About the Same Price I paid for 22 TCM/9R a while back! Would have thought they had 9mm due to all the (1) on (1) classes Etc that they do or the Ranges that put the Courses On/Out. Good Honest Folks’ and No Credit Card B.S.’ :call_me_hand:t2: :call_me_hand:t2: :call_me_hand:t2:

6 Likes

I just bought 500 rounds of 9mm from Idaho Ordinance in Couer d Alene. $200.00. They carry 115, 124 and 147 Grain. Also 223/556
Average 60 cents a round. Shipping is about $20

6 Likes

I collect milsurp and have to keep up with 18+ calibers. My go to used to be Outdoor Limited, but times being what they are, I have had to expand and have used ammoseek extensively. I have found Fin, Fur and Feather to have fast shipping and lower than normal freight for more current ammo. They do have some limits of 1 box. So I will order 1 box of 223 from two different mfg and do the same for 5.56. So I get 80 rounds at a good price and freight is less than 10 clams.

5 Likes

I get ammo from gun broker often. Especially .22 and 9mm. Have had 0 issues with any of the vendors.

5 Likes

Hmm, the front page of a caliber lists a “From” price, for instance 60¢/rd but when you go to the next page it shows all the listings below that price, and they’re all “currently unavailable”. Wasted a lot of time going through dozens of pages from the 36¢/rd listings and up, until I reached the “From” prices and started seeing available ammo. Wonder why they don’t hide the "unavailable’ listings. Didn’t buy anything - probably would have if I found 9mm at 36¢/rd! :grin: I’ll use both this and AmmoSeek, but the latter is better at staying up to date - you usually don’t see any “unavailable” listings.

5 Likes