M*CARBO Brotherhood

I'd just like to take a moment to say

…as a native of Pennsylvania and a current resident in the People’s Republic of Maryland…GOD BLESS TEXAS!

And if you don’t know why, maybe take a moment and pull your head out of your own arse. :grinning:

25 Likes

US-TX-flag

22 Likes

Texas getting it done.
Open carry in South Carolina.:us:
Kiss my ass Bidumb🤡

20 Likes

I wasn’t born in Texas but I got here as quick as I could! All states should take note.

(Governor Abbott Signs Second Amendment Legislation Into Law | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott)

18 Likes

AUGUST 15. it kicks in in for SC

15 Likes

12 Likes

Indeed, I shall be ready.
Probably use a Kimber to mark the day.:pirate_flag:

9 Likes

Lived in Houston and Dallas and loved both places. Texas rocks. Been in Kentucky the last 28 years, also a good place to live and a open carry state for the last few years. We don’t have any Yankee laws and don’t want any. Just be careful when you hear banjo music coming out of the woods.

12 Likes

17 Likes

Ain’t so bad here in the Free State of Florida either.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Been a Texas resident for 42 years now. Got my concealed carry when George Bush signed the law permitting it. A few years back it was changed from a concealed permit to a carry permit, and honestly in the last 5-6 years have only seen two people open carrying, and not in what I would call a safe manner, holsters did not look like they were securing the firearm well, and the person’s carrying were not aware of surroundings. One was at service desk at my auto dealer, and I walked up right behind him and he did not know I was there until I spoke to him. In a way I am glad it passed, but, I will keep my carry license, as it does afford me some privilege’s such as going in and purchasing a firearm without having to deal with a background check. I will continue to carry but concealed carry, I prefer that persons around me not know that I am armed, if they need to know then they are bad actors.

6 Likes

@jkingrph Great idea to keep and renew your Texas LTC. Like you said no background check with an FFL as well as needing your carry permit out if state.

As far as open carry. I agree that there are individuals that have no clue how important a good holster and situational awareness is. I do not fall into that category and open carry as much as possible. It is a proven deterrence. There are no known instances documented that an armed robber will shot the guy that open carrys first. 100% a myth. I do have my own set of rules for open carry…
a high quality retention holster, a casual button down shirt (no 2a wear), slacks not jeans, no baseball caps (though my nice Stetson hat is fine), well groomed and well behaved. I have found that every business that I enter appreciates that I open carry. All this depends on where you live and the gun culture there. Here is an example of my style of open carry…

5 Likes

jkingrph, I couldn’t agree with you more. Nobody needs to know I’m carrying.

3 Likes

To each his own. I want people to know I carry. Keeps the bad guys away… they are just cowards looking for sheep and do not want to get into a gun fight. I am a wolf… see my teeth?

4 Likes

Here is our very own @hrfunk proving my point. He uses the example of wearing a vest.

6 Likes

Right Arm Brotha!
Have been in Texas now 43yrs!
Great State! Getting ‘er Done!

4 Likes

Lived in Katy for 45 years. Now in Tennessee but wife refuses to give up her Tx DL. Native Texan of course.

3 Likes

@Dumasor Hey John… no kidding, my ex wife lives in Tennessee.

So if you lived in Texas for 45 there is a chance, one of your ex’s lives in Texas… that’s why you hang your hat in Tennessee. Right? Lol.

4 Likes

Tex - Ah… No comment.

4 Likes