M*CARBO Brotherhood

I will abide by the Brotherhoods decision

Two years ago I picked up a set of folding hex keys. I thought I put them aside for Christmas. I couldn’t find them. On and off I looked for them. Almost tore a closet apart the other day. Finally decide they must have accidently been tossed and was going to buy a new set. Mention it to my wife and she pulls out these

Including the receipt from 10 Dec 2017! She moved them off the dining room table two years ago and here I thought I put them away.

So the question is should I just place them under the tree or open them now (I do need a hex key but have another set I can dig out)?

17 Likes

Well it’s been 2 years, what’s another 2 weeks. Put it under tree and act surprised. LOL :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@MarkS20 wife drives me insane moving and hiding my stuff. She calls it “cleaning”

21 Likes

open it, use it, put it back!

10 Likes

i dont have a wife to hide stuff, so i hide it from myself, and i am truly surprised when i find it.

15 Likes

Same here. Spent hours finding some stuff I knew exactly where I’d left it months ago only to find the wife had hid it

13 Likes

@MarkS20

Mark,

In my personal opinion, being that I may be ‘opinionated,’ just a little would use the wife’s wrapping paper, and one of her gift cards, and rewrap the gift. It would be amusing to unwrap your gift in her presence and see the expression on her face… Either she will NOT remember the purchase/think more highly of your patience? :innocent: One can just imagine going to the customer service center asking for an exchange or refund! Big smiles!

8 Likes

Actually she handed it to me. “Do you mean this?”

The question is
, what if I hid her Kindle for two years? :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

I read this post to my wife. She just laughed. We go through this all the time.

12 Likes

I think wives do this to us on purpose to make us think we are losing our mind.

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I lost mine years ago, all on my own. tha cats played with it and i havent saw it since…

7 Likes

It’s in their DNA. I cringe whenever she goes in the garage…

8 Likes

Guess I’m lucky in that respect. My wife stays out of the garage and gun room, I stay out of the kitchen and sewing/jewelry making room.

7 Likes

I should’ve learned long ago to ask my wife first if I am looking for something before I tear the house apart. For years and years, I have looked for my dogtags I was issued when I went in the navy in 75. I was discharged in 81 and took them off. About ten years ago I started looking for them but after moving half a dozen times and such, I figured they were lost forever.

This past spring I was looking for them again and my wife saw me going through stuff. She asked what I was looking for…I told her my dogtags. She walked over to her jewelry box, opened it and pulled them out. They had been in there since 1981 and I had no idea…

12 Likes

Just thinking, why can’t they just tell us when they put something that we left out where they put the damn stuff. Has me confused

7 Likes

@74man that would go against everything the the female field guide on driving a man wall climbing crazy. its in their genetic make up to do that.

6 Likes

@MarkS20
what was the decision?

3 Likes

The hex key set is sitting - unwrapped - under the tree!

6 Likes

I will too often leave something important in a prominent place (for too long) so I can find it again for the next job. The day I go to grab it, it is gone!

We then go through THIS little scenario with my dear wife…

Me: Honey, have you seen the (fill in the blank) I had on the dresser? I need it.

Her: Um… yeah… oh, I moved it!

Me: Oh, OK. Where did you put it?

Her: Oh… I don’t know.

I shouldn’t have left it where I did. She shouldn’t have moved it without making note for where she stowed it. It’s a great system that has been working for us for 40 years, and she is still my favorite person in the whole world!

8 Likes

@Well said Buck! :+1: :+1: That’s Why They are from Venus and We are from Mar’s! :rofl: After all it is all about Them. And we all know the Thing about Her Sewing Scissors !

5 Likes