M*CARBO Brotherhood

I got bored,and thinking too much

Tex, …
A “Pad” is what Mcarbo made.
Granted there are not many positive reviews about its effectiveness, it is a pad nonetheless.
Hopefully they are still moving forward on R&D, since this is on the Hot-List of sub2k fixes.

3 Likes

Change “many” to “any”. lol. I am just relaying what I have read here.

@Txhillbilly A really outstanding job there!! Well done and looks damn near like a factory finish. Very impressive!!!

4 Likes

It’s a pad without any padding - it doesn’t absorb any recoil at all. Other than being flat instead of a wedge, the only thing it adds is some LOP.

4 Likes

Kinda like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s still a pig.

3 Likes

Im definately not going to defend its effectiveness, i was more poking fun at Mcarbo for calling it a “pad” .
Obviously doesnt work as intended, maybe that product skipped the focus groups?

Anyone who has one willing to mod it? It may be possible to soften it by drilling through sideways to remove material and allow some compression. Turn it into swiss cheese with alternating 3/8" diameter holes. Thinking 2 ea above and below the bolt pattern, and 4 between the bolts?

2 Likes

That is very NICE Work!

4 Likes

I doubt that would have any softening effect at all - the plastic itself is simply too hard. If you drilled enough of it out to allow it to compress, it would be more likely to collapse instead.

8 Likes

Your probably right. Im only speculating since i dont have one.

1 Like

If the MCARBO pad was any good,then none of use would waste time and money making our own recoil pad’s.
What they sell is a spacer,not a pad!

7 Likes

First of all you did a good job. Although, you lose any credibility or respect by trashing someone else’s product. MCARBO has a great product. You did not like it fine, but it works well on mine and does an excellent job. If you need more padding that is good, but shooters in general can adapt.

4 Likes

Not with me. People with an opinion have a TON of credibility. And I respect people that question the norm and point out issues. If MCARBO had marketed it as a “cover” rather than a “pad” no one would complain. And to question one product offering does not “trash” the entire product line. I think the other products they offer are AWESOME! Just sayin’… I bought the cover, just waiting for them to develop a pad now.

Not sure exactly to whom that was reply was directed to even, several here have the same opinion of the “pad”.

3 Likes

Blackhawk, If you took what I posted as Trashing MCARBO,you’re wrong. But the product that they made is far from being a “Recoil pad”,it’s a hard plastic molded piece that has a rubber molded outer covering. It offers little to any recoil absorption. If you like it,more power to you.

If my post cost me Credibility and Respect from you,so be it. I wasn’t looking for either to begin with.

4 Likes

Excellent job. Not to change the subject, but I see you have the Mcarbo red dot mount with a sight attached in a carry bag. What size is the bag? Where did you get that carry bag? Brand name? Looks exactly what I’ve been searching for. thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks Boxcar, Here’s a link to the guy’s website that makes the carry case. I met him at a Ft.Worth gun show,and that’s where I bought mine. It is a very well built set up.

https://wrbsales.com/product/kel-tec-s2000/

2 Likes

Nice job. :thinking: JBWeld…

2 Likes

No JBWeld,I used 2 part clear epoxy.

2 Likes