I Fixed My Time Machine!

@jeffing65 you know it all goes back to the assault rifle ban. Prior to that the AR was NOT a big seller, neither was the Glock…at first.

But tell Americans they can’t have something and they will want it more!

When the law was not renewed the market exploded, and it has changed everything. From ammo types being made and and quantity to the slow demise of the revolver and any rifle that does not have plastic stocks.

9 Likes

The Krag is a beautiful rifle. Maybe it wasn’t the best for it’s intended purpose, but beautiful none the less. I’ve never had the opportunity to shot one. Hopefully one day I will. I’m sure that one hurts too.

6 Likes

@Jperr I actually wish it was the Krag…thats a Winchester 1895! :cry:

5 Likes

That’s a great looking rifle too.

5 Likes

I just got back with a few goodies…let’s see who knows what they are?

th%20(3)

10 Likes

Pic 2 looks to be a Mauser K98. I have one, tho it is a Spanish variation from 1950. Pic 4 is a Sturm Kavair (I’m sure I killed the spelling) mp 43. Don’t know the rest. Except for that weird German Broom handle thing.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, pic 3 a Springfield 03? And some kind of Sharps for the other.

2 Likes

@Jperr you got one…#2 is a Karabiner 98k sniper variant with Zeiss optic. For #4 you are sooo close! :grin::+1:

4 Likes

@Jperr #3 is a Springfield 1903A4 USMC sniper.

3 Likes

Right now my “choking hand” is trembling!! Did you really just say that? :cry:

3 Likes

The first looks to be a Schofield. A very beautiful one at that.

4 Likes

@Jperr it better be…it sold for over $25,000! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

@Johnksg an MP 44? I know it is the grand father of pretty much all assault weapons. First rifle with a selector switch, I THINK. And I’m pretty sure Mauser makes that Broom handle. But I don’t remember the model name.

4 Likes

Sturmgewehr MP 43 or 44. But I had to Google it, so I cheated.

5 Likes
  1. S&W Schofield no. 1 (rare NY engraved)
  2. Karabiner 98K sniper
  3. Springfield 1903A4 USMC sniper
  4. StG 44
  5. Sharps .45-120 (Quigley Down Under rifle) :grin:
  6. Mauser C96 red -9 (marked that way so troops would not confuse 9mm with 7.63 Mauser). And @Jperr you are a philistine for calling it “that weird German Broom handle thing!”
9 Likes

@Johnksg lol. All I know is that that is what it was nicknamed. So I completely wiffed on #5. I knew I saw that gun somewhere. Loved that movie. Close on the rest. Not bad for a Civi.

3 Likes

@Johnksg #1 and 5…ahhhhhhh…:yum::+1:

3 Likes

@jeffing65 what the heck!!! I just realized I posted the wrong picture. Lol

Thats a Sharps .45-120

2 Likes

@Johnksg I’m outta’ likes.:+1:

I think his name was “Roy” wasn’t it? LOL

3 Likes

@GOBLIN and look Buck…tang mounted creedmore sights!

creedmoor-tang-sights

@jeffing65 I know its an Uberti repop but man is it a beauty!

7 Likes