I Fixed My Time Machine!

@Texprep

What about a modified SKS with a folding stock. Would that work for you?

6 Likes

One of the guns I wish I would have kept the most was a Remington 760 GameMaster pump .223.
It was one of the guns given to me by my dad when I was real young and I lost it in a pawn shop when i was in my teens.
They were made in a number of calibers …270, 30/06, etc but, although I didn’t know it back then, there were only 2,723 Model 760s made in cal. 223 from 1964 to 1969.
I still feel so foolish and ashamed for losing it. I feel like throwing up every time I think about it.

10 Likes

Another gun I wish I had back I sold about 8 years ago.
It was a Model 1861 .36 cal Colt Navy revolver. It was all original, all matching number parts
.Of the many things I had at the time, antiques, hotrods, other guns etc, it just drew the short straw and was sacrificed. .
I tried to help someone else (by choice) and thought it was the right? better? decent? thing to do at the time. I can’t regret it really, I guess, 'cause I thought it right at the time but with hindsight it’s hard to say if it was worth it. ( anyone ever do that? )

8 Likes

oh brother I feel your pain on that one!

5 Likes

@Johnksg Pick me up a crate or two of WW2 surplus Lugers that was advertised in the American Rifleman in the 50’s and 60’s for $29.95 each.

8 Likes

Yep, let me check my post WW2 list:
Lugers…check
M1 Garands…check
M1 Carbines…check
K98s…check
P38s…check!

7 Likes

@Johnksg Yeah, I know you do! It sucked!! LOL
It was one of those times when a chance to do something required an immediate decision and action.

That doesn’t lessen the pain any though.:sob:

4 Likes

I had several if the Italian replicas (very nice guns actually) they were surprisingly good shooters for a smooth bore. Like so much of my collection those live in my brothers safe since he is the cowboy action fan. At least they are still in the family.

…but an original? Man that just boggles the mind! :astonished:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m in on the Lugers too.:+1:

4 Likes

I am going a little further back for some C96 in .45 and some American Eagle Lugers in same caliber! :blush:

What no one is putting in bids for a carcano? Lol

4 Likes

@Johnksg Bought one mail order in 1960 from the John Aldens Co. of Chicago for $9.95 plus postage. No thank you.

4 Likes

I’d have to say it was the one and only pistol I ever bought and then later sold. It was a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 mag that came with an extra 9mm cylinder. I bought it at the Elmendorf AFB AAFES in Anchorage while on my way to being stationed in Kodiak AK back in ‘91. When I got to Kodiak a crusty old MCPO invited be to go salmon fishing with him and he advised me to bring some “bear medicine”. Well, I showed up on the salmon river and showed him my Blackhawk. He took one look at it laughed and said, “You forgot to file the front sight off.” I was bewildered and asked why I would do that and he replied, “So it won’t hurt so bad when a bear sticks it up your backside!” Needless to say I sold it a few days later and bought a Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 mag and carried for the rest of the time I lived in AK. Still have the Redhawk but wish I still had the Blackhawk.

9 Likes

add to my list a Ruger old army 44, a pair of em in stainless, 7.5 barrel.as they discontinued them in 2008 that is a strong well made black powder pistol. just wish they had made a baby Old army in 36 cal… discontinued in 2008

7 Likes

@GOBLIN @VAbowhunter you know someone should be keeping a list…I too miss a lot of these old guns! Why did they ever stop making them?

…sigh

Oh I know why, ARs and Glocks!

9 Likes

Please bring back my six inch 357 Stainless Colt King Cobra that I stupidly sold for a measly 300 bucks 10 years ago. And see them going for around a grand now.

11 Likes

22lr … Remington Nylon 76x3; Marlin 39 Golden, Mountie and Century Limited

Revolvers … Pythons & 1SAAs with matching 22lr for each

And say hey to JMB. Get me an autograph and whatever he’s most proud of with provenance.

Tough one here, but bring me a duffle bag full of auto sears if you can make a stop in 1986 to get’m all legal like.

5 Likes

3047412_02_colt_king_cobra_6_stainless_35_640
I was always a S&W man but that is a sexy beast! :grin::+1:

10 Likes

@Johnksg Yes, she was. I regret selling it to this day. That picture hurts man.

6 Likes

@Jperr Joseph I really do feel your pain. If it makes you feel better I traded one of these in .30-40 Krag for a “modern” .30-06 made by Interarms back when I was a kid.

6 Likes

And that’s no reason at all! sigh again…

3 Likes