M*CARBO Brotherhood

I Fixed My Time Machine!

@Johnksg

I just read an article on how Syrian rebels were using Stg 44s in the Syrian civil war until the rare ammo dried up. If I can figure out how to post it in this forum, I’ll do that for you. It was interesting. And it WAS called an MP 43 at first to hide it’s development from Hitler, so I’m gonna claim victory on that one also.

I wish i stll had granmaw’s dragoon. belonged to her father, he used to ride with Forrest in the war of northern aggression, His brother, with Anderson and Quanrell(JH Warren). that 105 lb hillbilly woman, shot it and the Fayetteville Rifle she also got from him, with equal abandon, and could load either, swiftly while carrying on a conversation with a grandchild or child . she also had his old Arkansas toothpick, and ames rifle knife.

everything along those lines disappeared the day after she died. it was rumored, that my Gradpaw spirited em away, and hid em, till he could place em in her coffin before the family arrived ( we used to “set up with the dead” night before a funeral) he never told, and the secret went with him to the grave, as he died less than a month later, of what some said was a broken heart…

@Jperr r this the one you talkin about Joseph? STG44 on 7.92X33 kurtz (8mm Kurtz)
allso called the MP 43 and MP44

Yep. One of the first guesses in “The Game”.

@Johnksg Here it is.

However, the German armament office went behind the Fuehrer’s back and ordered the weapon anyway, disguising it with the designation Machine-Pistol 43. Hitler learned of the deception, halted the program, then changed his mind after a successful trial program, and allowed it to enter full-scale production. This led to the weapon being variously designated the MP-43, the StG-43 and the StG-44.

You know, the 7.92 X33 kurtz caseing can be resized and trimmed, from 7.62X51 cases, and hornady makes a 125 GR, .323 dia 8.2 mm bullet. STG 44 is still in use by the Lebanese Militia, and in Pakistan, a lot of AK47 (and other 7.62 X 39 AK pattern weapons ) are converted to the 7.92 X33 kurtz round, as the 7.62x39 is a military only restricted calibre there… strange in that area, that the 7.62X39 round cant be had by civies, but you see it everywhere else in that part of the world.

Was not aware of that.

I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on one of these. And not the little .22lr version they sell now. A real one. Didn’t know the ammo was restricted.

@Johnksg :disappointed_relieved: But i likes Stump John “SNIFFFFF” I was jus gettin ready to post thisun here, Cause i know how much John Likes em, The Ol Mossburg 500ATP “chainsaw”

Now “sniff” my overies aare inflamed, and the one piece of a “feelin” I have left, is tattered and torn…:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Oh woe is me…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Jperr the 8mm kurtz isnt restricted here that i know of, it is a obsolete round, so ya just about gotta reload it.

@GOBLIN Prvi Partizan still makes it. Available thru many importers. www.sgammo.com for instance.

Sorry. I mis read the earlier post.

I stand corrected! Thanx!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
Graf and sons still sells the reloading dies as well, bout 47$ for the set.
www.grafs.com
I just ordered the 5.7 X28 ful length die set from em, for my future addition…

Since they go full auto if desired, it wouldn’t be legal for me anyway. And when I say I would like one, I’m talking a war relic. Like my buddies M1 carbine. So it will always be a pipe dream.

I know the feeling, I would love one of these, Just cause, fitted with the “Bruce” style feed system, chambered for 45/70…Gatling_gun

@GOBLIN

[quote=“GOBLIN, post:254, topic:4574”]
I just ordered the 5.7 X28 ful length die set from em, for my future addition
[/quote] Pistol or carbine in your future?:grinning:

Pistol. counting down now… carbine, in the future… i man, ya gotta have the full set…:wink:

@GOBLIN Sittin’ up with the dead. Haven’t heard anyone say that in a long time. Do they still do that?

My dad was from Springdale, Arkansas. They grew up on Magazine Mountain. Anyone familiar with that little town? My uncle Omer owned the gun shop there.

@jeffing65 yep they still do that. old traditions die hard…

@GOBLIN Thanks Buck, I was going to post one as one of my “time machine” dream picks.

The Gatling gun is on my all time list of fabulous, most beautiful works of elegant art and engineering.

There’s not enough thumbs in the entire world to express how I really feel about that.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: