M*CARBO Brotherhood

I did it S&W 686 Perfomance Center .357

My FFL got the revolver in today and I had to have it!!! PPWK done she comes home on 17 Sept 2018! I’ll do an out of the box reveal then. Super pumped!!!

9 Likes

@FrankG way to go looking forward to the reveal party.

3 Likes

@FrankG I’ve really been hiding under a rock. First time I’ve seen a cylinder release like that. Looks super nice!

2 Likes

That’s pretty sweet man. Some day I’ll buy a real wheel gun (I’ve got a SA micro revolver in 22 mag). How much was the performance center version?

3 Likes

Nice! Man thats gotta suck having to wait. One great thing about Indiana. Go in to the store, pick out what ya want, nics check, pay and leave with your new toy right then and there

4 Likes

@Don68 It’s a replacement release you can buy and switch over, I put one on my S&W 617-2 but went back to the stock slide release. It’s different and was kind of neat at first but you have to bring your thumb up high to push it.

2 Likes

Nice, very nice :star_struck:

2 Likes

Eh hem, Garcon, I’ll take what ever he’s getting…:heart_eyes::drooling_face:

3 Likes

@TheThreeLaws
She set me back $850.00

2 Likes

I’ll bet it’s gonna be well worth it

2 Likes

@Omnivious
I’m sure. This revolver is tight. No play in the cylinder to speak of, butter smooth trigger, and it is lighter than I had imagined.

2 Likes

Yeah, those performance center people know what they’re doing, I thought it was a ploy to get sales but they really do hand fit stuff and do a bit more precision work on the PC versions.

I can well imagine that trigger pull @FrankG. Shot a friend of mine’s competition .357 years ago, thing was all dolled up for sport. Trigger pull, like you say, buttery up to a very distinct stage…hammer drop was effortless from there. It was just sight picture/boom. All day. You couldn’t go wrong. I was like, no wonder these guys shoot so good🤨

Great piece Frank, look forward to the definitive photo spread.

2 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 samesies in VA. In and out in 5 min

1 Like

I live in Maryland. We’re just lucky we don’t have to offer a human sacrifice for each purchase.

3 Likes

NC is pretty good too. Fill out a little info, quick NICS check, and out the door. Good for my poor delayed gratification.

2 Likes

GA, if you have a carry permit, you just show and go, no background check, if no carry permit, you have to have them run the NICS but as in other states, it’s quick and painless.

1 Like