M*CARBO Brotherhood

I did it on my own

Here’s a nod to me , the the village idiot.got tired of my take down lever falling out,didn’t want to $5 + 5 shipping so I made a S&W M&P (OEM#277620000)“TAKE DOWN LEVER RETAINING WIRE” for 15 cents NAPA Auto parts…

6 Likes

Hmmmm… I have an S&W M&P9 1.0 and I’ve never had a problem with the takedown lever falling out. Is this a phenomenon of the 2.0?

1 Like

I really didn’t think that through when I put 2.0 on there…how about part DEUX?.i suspect the retaining wire was missing all along.i got it used.finally looked up a blown up diagram to see WHAT was SUPPOSED to be in that groove on the lock lug(the manual is useless).

1 Like

Roger that, thanks for the update. I was trying to imagine what might have happened if the take-down pin had fallen out during a live-fire cycle…

1 Like

yes…my bad! I should have been more specific I guess-IT ONLY FELL OUT AFTER FEILD STRIPPED.nah actually it possible that I lost the retaining wire when I stripped the guts out to give it the “how do do you come apart and go together” examination.but I’m sticking with the other dude did it.i STRONGLY recommend DONT GO BEYOND FIELD STRIP.its no fun putting it back together!

1 Like

When I was a young boy I spent a fair amount of curiousity time taking things apart to see how they worked and I usually, not always, got them back together. Fast forward to years later when I was a tech for IBM working on the old unit record equipment – punch cards, sorters, accounting machines that were “programmed” by wiring up plugboards, one for each report to be run. Sometimes when I finished up a job there were some screws left over. Once I verified that the beast ran ok, those became “pocket screws…”

LOL…i had amps and stereos with dozens dozens of leftovers when I was younger…but never missing parts on sumthin that goes BOOM. Fortunately it’s not a KA BOOM brand :laughing:

1 Like