M*CARBO Brotherhood

Hydro Dipping SUB2000

I ve been considering hydro dipping my sub 2000 not sure of what pattern but has anyone considered try or doing this

5 Likes

@Jefft1967 Hey, how’s it going? Long time no talk. LOL Give me a minute and I will find a post that someone just did that I think. Not positive. :smile:

1 Like

@Jefft1967 here is one I saw. More in this thread maybe.

2 Likes

@Jefft1967 here was another

1 Like

I’ve been doing ok been dealing with more health issue s I really like to see a s2k dipped I think it would be cool looking I’ve been looking online haven’t seen one done

2 Likes

@Jefft1967 I will keep looking. I want a sagebrush/lava rock color, desert pattern. Not quite digital. With slightly smoother blended edge to the pattern maybe.

1 Like

@Jefft1967 I found your old post way back when you asked about it we were talking about it. That is part of what I was remembering.

1 Like

Yeah I remember a its life gets that gets in the way

2 Likes

@jeffing65

You sound like one of those people in line at a Starbucks.:laughing:

6 Likes

@dave67 hahahaha…that’s funny. :+1: Or did I just want that color and meant " I" should be slightly blended to take off the rough edge…?? :laughing::laughing:
I’m not sure how that changes your observation however. lol

4 Likes

Like jeffing65 I just want to put my own twist on my sub 2000 as of now you got black od green blue colors of the sub 2000 think they have a red for Canada like he said I want to make a jefft1967 model s2k

3 Likes

Who else here has painted your s2k

1 Like

Paint? Guilty. Even if it’s actually bedliner.

4 Likes

I would thought I’d get a better response to this question

2 Likes

I have done a hydro dip on my Ruger Mini30. The only thing i can say is to closely follow the directions. Finding a correct sized container to do this in can be a bit of a chore.

7 Likes

I’m going to have it professionally done just to make sure it’s done perfect

4 Likes

If you have someone or a company in mind, try asking them. They may have a better idea on whether it’s something that can be done. That being said, I have seen things that I never thought could be dipped that ended up turning out great. Best of luck, and be sure to share pictures if you end up getting it done.

3 Likes

My Steel Challenge Sub 2000…all Mcarbo upgrades…runs greatIMG_20190504_100609464

10 Likes

@bearswoodshop Welcome to the forum Stewart. Interesting dip, what would the name of that color be?

6 Likes

That’s 5 different colors all at once… sprayed on top of the water…then a quick swirl and slow angled dip…

7 Likes