Hunting Season 2018-19

@FrankG my older boy got his on the first day of bow season and again on the first day of open season…now I have to sit around and hear him gripe how he never got any quality hunting time! :grin:

2 Likes

I took her this afternoon. About 100 lbs. before dressing.

5 Likes

Goose hunting hasn’t been terrible.

8 Likes

i be out tomorrow morning hoping to shoot a couple of deer just hope if i do i will have the energy to drag them out of the woods , i be off line again for weekend i only go on line while in work from monday to thursdays no broadband where im living but i like it that way , anyone else going out over weekend good luck ,

6 Likes

It’s the night before the last 3 days of gun deer hunting in MD. I’m like a kid the night before Christmas. I’ve checked my bag 3 times. Checked my alarm twice. Now I can’t sleep. Hmmmmmm what else can I check?

3 Likes

No luck today. Saw a doe but didn’t have a shot. Back at it in the rain tomorrow. 2 days left in gun season.

4 Likes

Well today was the end of late gun season. I only got 1 deer this season. Bright side is I have a friend who is allowed to hunt a farm with a crop damage permit. Hopefully we can get a cpl from there

3 Likes

no luck the weekend saw about 20 deer they saw me first had one in sights only there was a house in backround so could’nt take the shot and as typical i leaving for work this morning there was 4 of them 50 feet from my front door, we still have 2 months of season left here so maybe better luck next weekend

3 Likes

@FrankG
@hunter1916 I got a doe on the last day of open season ( oct 31 ) with a shotgun.

3 Likes

@jeffing65 illeagal to hunt deer here with a shotgun

2 Likes

@hunter1916 Where I was hunting on the Snake River is short range weapon only.

3 Likes

its done the job for you and if it works it keeps you fed and happy

3 Likes

@jeffing65 @Johnksg t this chap [no. 11]

last night next weekend is last of season so with a bit of luck i will get at least one more

5 Likes

Shot these in January

while on a meat/cull hunt on a friends farm. Doe was shot at about 35 yards, the unicorn (only had one single point) at about 90 yards. Both shot in the neck with handloads from my .243

4 Likes

@hunter1916

Why is it illegal to hunt deer with a shotgun there? What is the logic (if there is any)?

3 Likes

@JohnB its only before the past 25 to 30 years that you could only have a rifle no bigger than a 22.250 or a shot gun so thats all you could hunt with it was mainly because of the war in nothern ireland, then when they changed it so you could have bigger calibers they banned the hunting of deer with the shot gun ,and most of the bigger calibers bigger than 270 i think there restricted, its politics we hunters get very little say

4 Likes

@Texprep nice meat there you got they be nice and tender when cooked , nice shooting ,i have shot 11 or 12 so far this season gave away a lot of the meat as christmas presents anything i get now is for my table until next season

3 Likes

@hunter1916

Sounds like gun laws are crazy the world over! Sorry you have such restrictive gun laws where you live.

3 Likes

@JohnB judging by some of the posts on the forum there tightning things up in places on your side of the pond ,its crazy people making some of these crazy laws

4 Likes

@hunter1916

Crazy, or desperate (and lazy). Too often, anti-gunners want to ban some kind of gun, but word their laws too loosely and thereby ban guns they had not thought about. But, when confronted, these anti-gunners care not since they are not involved in guns in the first place. Plus, like the red flag laws - where the politicians are desperate to get some new law on the books to show they are making an effort to curb gun violence, they rush to get the red flag laws in place without considering how badly they are worded or structured, causing more trouble for law-abiding gun owners significant grief and (sometimes) loss.

It would be so much better if the anti-gunners were truly as focused on “common sense” gun laws as they claim to be.

3 Likes