M*CARBO Brotherhood

How well will optic mount handle a rattle can paint job

I am getting ready to install my new Mcarbo upgrades but also want to paint my sub 2k, and I am wondering how does everyone think the flip up optic mount will handle being painted?

Considering I’ll be painting a black/grey/navy blue digital camo pattern it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I painted before installing the optic mount but I did intend to paint the optic as well.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

6 Likes

My optic mount is highly modded to mount on the KT Aluminum Forend. It is also partially painted with the same bedliner I coated my Sub with to hide sins which may or may not have been committed during modification. Paint holds well.

6 Likes

Pait has been on the 300BO mount for a good couple years, M4 aimpoint mount i picked up used, shot it OD, and installed it on a old gen1 aimpoint Comp ML
its all in your prep how long it stays. clean and skuff with scotchbrite is what i do

6 Likes

As Buck said…

This was done a year ago. 1937 Rem. 341. Green scotchbrite pad, acetone wash followed by rubbing alcohol. Alumahyde matte black. It’s been shot and cleaned numerous times since.

4 Likes