M*CARBO Brotherhood

How to become a criminal without really trying

I get a lot of email and much of it is junk. One that I actually look forward to is from the Skillet Crew. Today they listed ridiculous true laws such as " it’s illegal to have sex with a porcupine in the state of Florida."
The most ironic goes to my home state of New York ( big surprise). It is illegal for two or more people to congregate with a mask on.
Skillset is a conservative magazine with somewhat twisted views such as " Public schools should adopt Hockey’s rules on fighting".

13 Likes

“In the state of Delaware , alcohol may not be served in taverns if there’s dancing going on”.
In Indiana it’s illegal to catch a fish with your bare hands".
In Louisiana " It’s a $500 fine for ordering your friends a pizza without telling them".
In Maryland “It’s illegal to swear on the highway” I’d be in jail for life!
In Michigan “5 years in jail if you seduce and corrupt an un married girl” I’m not touching that one.
In N. Dakota you can go to jail for wearing a hat to a dance and god forbid you wear it while dancing.
Here’s a necessary one " In Rhode Island it’s illegal to bite off another person’s limbs"
Utah “It’s illegal to sell alcohol during an emergency”
Vermont:" Women have to get written permission from their husband to wear false teeth"

In Virginia: “It’s illegal to hold public office if you participated in a duel” (especially if you lost).
Washigton " illegal to use x-rays to help fit shoes" Darn it!
And last but not least…
In Wyoming junk dealers may not conduct business with a drunk person.

13 Likes

yet more proof there are far too many attorneys in this world:

7 Likes

Here’s another winner.

6 Likes

Wow, Give her an A for courage to even try that one and an F for thinking it will work!

6 Likes

Attorney time can be billed at $400- 500/ hr.
X number of billable legal hours = a big number.
Company at some point may say:
“Here is a check. Just sign the documents that say you can tell no one you got this, ever”
The check is “go away” funds that is less than the expected billable hours/big number, but enough to
“resolve the issue” and she got her 10 seconds of fame.

3 Likes

Could be but I’m more inclined to think the corporate lawyers at Kellogg just told her to go pound sand.

3 Likes

In NY the criminals are free and the law abiding citizens are not

4 Likes

Criminal records should be done away with because they prejudice potential employers.

Sometimes they’re necessary, you wouldn’t want a pedophile for your kid’s gym teacher!

1 Like

At the same time (even if you were joking) somebody with a 10 year old DWI shouldn’t be prohibited from owning a gun or prohibited from hunting. I know several people in that boat.

2 Likes

There were more:
Virginia’s Weird Laws On Sex & Marriage (vaughancjones.com)
In 2015, the Virginia House of Delegates finally passed a bill that eliminated Virginia’s Crimes Against Nature statute, which made oral sex (even between consenting married couples) a felony. As crazy as it sounds, until last year oral sex of any kind between any two consenting people was illegal. Virginia lawmakers passed the law in 1950 and swept oral and anal sex in with bestiality as prohibited acts. Even more shocking until an appellate court decision in 2005 Virginia had an anti-fornication law that made it a class 4 misdemeanor for an unmarried person to have “sexual intercourse with any other person.”
Federal courts have scorned state sodomy laws for years. In 2003 the United States Supreme Court held that states cannot ban private non-commercial sex between consenting adults. Undeterred Virginia held onto its crazy law and continued to prosecute people for violations. Specifically, because the US Supreme Court mentioned “adults” prosecutors continued to charge consenting 17 year olds with felonies for having consensual oral sex.

3 Likes

But then they are retried for the same crime every time the record is brought out of the closet,
it is … ok I am just carrying on. There are levels of crimes that can not be passed over.

Three felonies a day. Threre’s a book out there with that title about how easy it is for Americans to commit a felony and not even know it.

For example, I committed a Class D felony in Utah right after I moved here because I took an AR out into the desert to shoot and the sky opened up. It really started coming down and I put the rifle on safe and put it in the back of my SUV. I realized later on that the felony was having the rifle chambered…without a carry permit… Because, some how, having a permit makes you soooo safe that you can have a rifle chambered in a vehicle. But, without the permit, you can still legally have a loaded mag inserted into the rifle with an empty chamber. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks Grumpy… I found this interesting…
And ordering your friends a pizza without telling them… WTF?
I “Gift” folks at work all the time with items from Flowers, to Pizza, to JJ Sandwiches, to
Socket Sets, and Drill Bits…
Well hopefully there will never be a law against buying a co-worker a Starrett Countersink Gage!!!
:smiley: Some crazy laws you pointed out…

1 Like

That is BS…
Not your story…
The thought process…

1 Like

Yup, although I “might” have been still legal as I was CCW’ing pistols under my valid AZ permit since I’d just moved to UT and they have reciprocity.

1 Like

Three felonies a day…
Thanks for mentioning that…

1 Like

I drink and carry…that’s easy.

2 Likes

That’s not illegal in every state. I know off hand in Minnesota you can drink with a loaded firearm on your person, as long as your blood alcohol level is .04 or less

3 Likes