M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Much Ammo On Hand?

@Superjet119 my stepfather tells me the same thing…but he built a 5,000 square foot building for his guns, ammo, reloaders, and machine tools. He built it in a remote part of eastern oregon.

Soon I will have to figure out what to do with his guns as well! (He has an amazing collection!)

I promised not to sell…but unless the kids hurry up and make some more grandkids I may have too!

While this is an interesting topic to discuss privately, amongst one’s trusted friends, it’s not a great thing to discuss online.

Not to appear overly concerned, but you never know when Big Brother is listening/watching/tracking you.

Molon Labe !!!

@poorsanders I respect your opinion, I even agree with the basic premise of being low profile and discreet. (If for no other reason than common courtesy).

But we had this conversation earlier in the thread…I refuse to fear my government and am too old to run and hide!

Johnksg - Roger that and trust that we stand ready !!!

Molon Labe !!!

Richard Sanders - nom de blog
PoorSanders@gmail.com

This communication is privileged and confidential, and intended only for the use of the person or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, do not distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original to the email address above. American Standard Development Company cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses. The recipient is responsible for carrying out checking as is necessary before opening any email message or attachment.

@poorsanders I hope and pray with every fiber of my being that such a day never comes!

Some will resist…many will not. The government simply has too many “levers” at their disposal that does not include violence.

They can take your kids.
They can freeze your assets.
They can revoke your lic & permits.
They can haul you to court & bankrupt you.
They can deny you service & benefits.
The list just goes on and on regarding the coercive power of government.

That said…I strive to be a “good ambassador” for the shooting community. I am involved with local LEO and schools. I believe our best chance, and I will be the first to admit I may be wrong, is to NOT hide in the shadows but to be a visible presence.

(If I am wrong…then the ball is in your court!)

Ok … plus 1k 9mm FMJ. Y’all might wanna check:

WINCHESTER - USA AMMO 9MM NATO 124GR FMJ $184.99 shipped with code “NCS” in ammo can!!

this is not the “normal” WWB ammo, this is the NATO spec, little hotter and much cleaner.

Johnskg - Roger that !!! Too many hide now, but our thin line of Patriots will continue to stand tall whenever and wherever necessary until ultimate victory !!!

Molon Labe!!!

PoorSanders@gmail.com

This communication is privileged and confidential, and intended only for the use of the person or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, do not distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original to the email address above. American Standard Development Company cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses. The recipient is responsible for carrying out checking as is necessary before opening any email message or attachment.

Here is another good source:

targetsportsusa.com

Great, thanks!

PoorSanders@gmail.com

government all over the world try control every aspects of our lives but they will succeed only if we the free will let them :crazy_face:

To true

The Australian government are trying to restrict numbers of firearms especially centrefire after all ready making it nearly impossible to get semi auto centrefire. They are trying to restrict the number of guns people can own and the amount of ammo one person can have.

It is a bit unclear the amount of ammo one person can have but definitely less than 1000 rounds all up. I recently underwent a police firearms inspection and got a caution for having.

500 @ .22
200 @ .308
200 @ .222
90 @ .223

I was told by the police my ammunition I had on hand was excessive and unnecessary and if I had that much ammo next time they would confiscate some to a reasonable amount.

What the heck does that mean? A 1000rds of ammo is the start of one good range weekend. :+1:

I was unsure when they said this and asked what the reasonable amount of ammo was and was told by them that .22 was ok but I had to much centrefire lying around.

The 308 was also ok as I shoot competition full bore every weekend the problem seemed to be .222 and .223 which I use for hunting only and when asked what reason I had for needing so many hunting rounds I didn’t have one apart from I buy in bulk.

I agree 1000 rounds with semi auto is a range weekend but our government took semi auto away from us. A typical Saturday at the range for me is between 60 and 100 using a single shot custom Dale rifle.

They also require a reason for every centrefire purchase now on the permit to aquire form you must state the reason you need it why you need it. There is talk about capping firearms to a limit of 10 per person

@Craig75 I guess with that much .22 ammo on hand you must be some sort of radical terrorist!

But honestly, all joking aside, it is sad to hear stories like that and only strengthens my resolve to not let it happen here.

They have taken our right to bear arms. We are no longer allowed to use lethal force to defend our homes or family. They have taken our semi autos we are left with bolt action rifles.

If push comes to shove I will happily serve jail time to defend my family

A huge reason other countries have been behind the power curve for a long time is because they didn’t have anything like the 2nd Amendment to begin with. It’s been hacked to shreds here, but it’s still alive and it’s the ONLY thing still keeping the government from total confiscation because they’d damned well have done it if they could. If the Constitution ever got amended (thank God that’s very hard to do) and the 2nd got repealed, that would be the end.

@Craig75 thank you for sharing this. I hope it never happens here!

We have had to change and adapt as our gun laws become more and more ridiculous we will all ways defend our homes our families and our country even if we have to go back to bows and arrows.

We will prevail as underdogs.

Who dares wins

did they define what a reasonable amount was, i have the same trouble here in ireland, the hassale i had getting the licence for the 270 3 times i had the police ringing me up ask what i need the 270 for and what was i going to do with the 243 , i had to explain that the shot gun 100 rounds for vermon and clay shooting 1oo rounds [ajoke] the 22mag for vermon small game and practice coz its cheaper 100 rounds [another joke] 243 for hunting small deer and 270 for the bigger stags and when i want to shoot abroad sth.africa hopefully in near future id need the 270 min 260 rounds [reasonable but should be more ] .here 3 rounds in center fire is all you can have and as far as i know semi autos are now not allowed for new licences , they never ask the people who use the guns there opinion there all experts sitting behind desks ,legal held firearms are very rarely used in crime all over the world…sorry i went on a bit there :rage:

I feel your pain brother

I have had to explain why I need a 6.5 Creedmoor I said for hunting larger animals feral pigs etc stuff a .223 may struggle with.

As far as what is considered excessive amount of ammo my understanding is if you can explain it for club purposes or is rim fire it’s all ok however rounds for hunting rifles is a different story.

If it was a friday arvo and i had 200 plus roundsand was going hunting all good but if they are stored in an ammunition locker for later use this may be a problem depending on the copper.