How Much Ammo On Hand?

i would say it wont go through too many votes to loose

2 Likes

@Johnksg,
Really good to hear from you again. The brotherhood here was really missing your wit and wisdom. WELCOME BACK Brother!

6 Likes

Wow, that’s really bad. Washington State is proposing a 10 round magazine limit and an assault rifle ban for 2019. They have several criteria (but only 1 is required to ban) which defines an assault rifle. My S2K has all of them. May have to move to Utah. LOL

On the original question, I only stock 9mm and .357 magnum. I buy them when they are on sale and only don’t buy them when may ammunition safe is full which is around 5,000 rounds. Since getting the S2K, I shoot a lot more than I used to so I am buying ammo whenever it is on sale.

8 Likes

dunno if you folks saw the news on the results of New Jersey’s new felony law regarding 10+ round mags… everyone was supposed to turn them in Dec 10th 2018…

compliance to date?

ZERO to FEW TURN-INS

(although i think you were supposed to destroy them or have them ‘pinned’)

this would make me a felon for sure… tax payers in NJ must be on crack

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

8 Likes

So I was at a gun show in Wilmington Oh 2-3 years ago and one of the vendors shot his thumb off and another was hit in the thigh with a richochet because someone left a round in the barrel.
Everything coming in the door is supposed to be clear, inspected and checked at the door and safety tied.

3 Likes

safety is paramount [i think thats the right word for it] @cico7

4 Likes

@hunter1916 I am not so sure…we just passed free abortions for illegal aliens with almost 80% of the vote!

Of course that was only 7 counties out of 36. Portland and Eugene have completely disenfranchised the rural counties.

5 Likes

@Johnksg this is why our countries get into some messes do gooders thats trying to fix thing that are not broken then they make a complete fxxk up of it just look at over here with brexit i shouldnt say here but in uk but its the irish thats going to come out the worst of it

5 Likes

Yeah there is a whole slew of antigun legislation proposed…I just detailed the one. Two of my friends are putting there homes on the market and moving to Idaho. (Wish I could too!)

Even though I have quite a bit of ammo I am ramping up my purchases, but I know it wont be enough to support a family of shooters very long.

Sad part is shooting and hunting is very much part of our culture. Every single Friday and Sunday we are at the range, shooting, having lunch with our friends at the club house.

Seems like democrats value every culture but mine…sigh.

6 Likes

@Johnksg who will inforce it without fear of getting shot

3 Likes

Easy…just shut down all ranges, (new liability laws makes insurance impossible) and make ammo unavailable.

Then of course you get secret orders of protection against gun owners (we already have that one on the books). Take away their kids, because they own guns and are obviously dangerous! Revoke their rights to carry, and impose large financial penalties…

5 Likes

@Johnksg hopefully it wont come to anything like that can you still rely on 2nd amendment

3 Likes

Sure…just no bullets and no magazines over 5 rounds. :angry:

Normally I would pin my hopes on the courts throwing it out…butI live in the infamous 9th circuit.

Our founding fathers very much feared the “tyranny of the majority” that is the reason for the electoral college. But our current system is continually being eroded by the large urban areas.

7 Likes

@Johnksg this is how rebellions start :smiley:

5 Likes

@hunter1916

Yeah, pretty soon every rifle will be a single fed bolt action??? It will be an ‘uphill’ battle to fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights… That is why ‘us brothers’ will have to stay strong and stick together! Right on!

3 Likes

@hunter1916 is it time for captain moonlight to ride again?

2 Likes

Thomas Jefferson said it best!

Quotation-Thomas-Jefferson-The-tree-of-liberty-must-be-refreshed-from-time-to-14-56-49

6 Likes

Perfect word for it.

3 Likes

So I was doing some rough calculations on how much ammo my immediate family uses on a yearly basis.

8,666 - 9mm rounds
10,400 - #8 shot shells
720 - 7.62x51 rounds
1440 - 5.56x45 rounds

This covers just competition…not practice! My monthly ammunition budget is about $400 per month. I have enough stored away to last 2-3 years but after that we are done! :angry:

P.S. Except shotshells, the space needed for that would be enormous! Usually have just 3-4 cases of that on hand.

7 Likes

On the day before the move North, I had to load everything. So I can safely say I have enough for a little while.

6 Likes