How Many Of You Ride Bikes? (Not The Kind With Pedals) 🏍️

Traded my CZ52 7.62x25 Tokarev for this 1992 Kawasaki KZ1000P and $100.

Does anyone out there have a retired, era correct LAPD helmet sitting around? Or other matching doodads?

4 Likes

If you can’t find an LAPD helmet, check out www.intapol.com

I need to make an update edit to this list.
Remove 7.62x25 Tokarev and insert its new replacement.

Traded the CZ52 for this 1992 Kawasaki KZ1000P and $100.

Formerly in service with LAPD.
Did this bike ever pull you over??? :rofl:

10 Likes

Well…??? …It’s fast as a bullet. Or feels like it anyway. lol

Does anyone out there have a retired, era correct LAPD helmet sitting around? Or other matching doodads?

2 Likes

And just to go ahead and answer the question I’m sure someone is bound to ask…

No, I don’t know the Specific caliber.
And verified top velocity. …???.. Save to say, far above any that will be achieved with me on it.

5 Likes

Bike looks great. Im guessing since your looking for matching bobbles that your planning on leaving it leo styled? And the tokarav is a excellent caliber and pistol. I had a Romanian tok for years. But now a friend and brother has it because he shot it better then i did and just loved it little more then i did. Its his edc most days. Good thing is i get to shoot it whenever i want cause im allways doing the deep cleaning on it. 7.62x25 was the fastest pistol round made until the introduction of 357 mag. 7.62x25 shoots fmj rounds around 1600 fps and if pistol is in good shape can be very accurate. Its kinda like a foriegn 1911 allmost in its styling and function. Now that im typing about it i might have call my buddy up and see if its time for a good cleaning so i can fire a few rounds. But the 7.62x25 ammo right now when you can find it even surplus that is gonna have some duds is outrageous priced. So i beleave you made an excellent trade sir.

4 Likes

@jeffing65

Same bore size as this lovely:

Type 92 70mm gun from Japan.

5 Likes

@HandyDave
I’m going to leave it in its original trim, other than I think I 'm going to pull the rear center box (radio box), and maybe the side boxes.

The cz52 I traded was A-grade condition, a beautiful shooter, and the 7.62x25 packs a respectable punch. That being said, it was a great trade that couldn’t be passed up, given the bike has more value than the gun does, by at least $1000.
I had to buy a new battery ($100), and it needs a new front tire for certain, but I will replace the rear as well. Not sure what the cost will be for them yet but that’s about all it needs to be road ready.

6 Likes

Continuing the off-topic, you will probably need new struts/shocks too.

3 Likes

How long has it been sitting or has it been driven/serviced regularly?

1 Like

@Ironbutt70

It has been sitting for several years, but not sure how many. Other than that, the only thing I really know about it is the carbs and tank were run empty before it was parked.

I just pushed it into the shop. After I top off the oil and pour some fuel in it, I’ll set up a camera and we’ll see if it fires up.

3 Likes

@jeffing65 NICE ONE JEFF HOPE YOU GET PLENTY OF MILES ON IT, YOU COULD TRY GOING DIRECT TO THE LAPD THEM SELVES YA NEVER KNOW THEY MIGHT HAVE ONE LYING AROUND

3 Likes

@hunter1916
Hi Kieran. How have you been?
We haven’t talked in a while. I always enjoyed catching you in my early morning, and I think your noon/early afternoon time.

Anyway, back on topic. It’s been hotter than Hades here lately (High 90’s -low 100’s)
so, I hadn’t worked on the bike. It’s 12:40 AM now and the temp is 80 outside/85 here in the shop.

I pushed the bike in about an hour ago. I will set up a camera in a few minutes and we’ll see if it fires up. It’s been stored inside and was run dry on fuel, so I think it’ll start right up.
Then I will upload the vid and post a link.

3 Likes

@jeffing65 HI JEFF ITS GOOD TO CATCH UP ITS NOT EVEN 8AM HERE YET I NORMALY START WORK HERE BETWEEN 6AM AND 6.20 AM , GIVE THE PLUGS A GOOD CLEANING OR REPLACE THEM AND THE RESEVIOUR BOWEL IN CASE ANY LOOSE DIRT MADE IT WAY TO TANK AND A TIP FOR YOU GET A GRAPITE PENCIL AND RUB SOME OF THE GRAPITE ON TIP OF PLUGS HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL

2 Likes

So you could be here too, FWIW, I made a vid of its first start in a few years and left you with a song. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good luck. Even when run dry carbs and tank will still have a small amount of gas in them. Some fresh gas with Sea Foam might get things going but I would be prepared to pull the carbs and rebuild them. Multi carbed bikes can be a real PITA to get running right, especially after they have been sitting for years. Ask me how I know.

4 Likes

@Ironbutt70

I just put a new set of plugs in it. The old ones were shot. And I do have some Sea Foam I’m going to run through it.

Your right about the multi carb bikes being a PITA. I’m hoping I’ll get lucky and not have to pull them, but I might.

4 Likes

@jeffing65 GOOD ONE JEFF JUST CHECK THE TYRES BEFORE YOU TAKE IT OUT I WISH YOU MANY MILES OF HAPPY DRIVING WHICH MEANS LOTS OF FLIES BETWEEN THE TEETH :laughing:

2 Likes

@hunter1916
It will need a new set of tires no doubt.
Actually, once I get it in decent running shape, I think I’ll put it up for sale or trade.
I would rather have another old Ford, other vintage car/truck, or ???.

For a bike to ride, I would much prefer to get my 78 Yamaha XT 500 back together.

Even though quite few years ago I told myself I wasn’t going to ride the big road bikes anymore, I must admit, I’m still a sucker for the old big cube 4 stroke single lung-er enduros.

1 Like

@jeffing65 I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ONCE YOU GET ON A BIKE AND YOU LIKE IT YOUR SUCKERED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE ,I DONE ABOUT 500 HUNDRED MILES LAST YEAR AND I STILL FORKED OUT 400 EURO FOR INSURANCE AND ANOTHER 80 FOR ROAD TAX I THINK IM MAD

4 Likes