M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Low Can Trigger Pull Be Reduced?

I know that with pro trigger job we can reduce trigger pull in half is there any other ways to reduce it even more I don’t mean hair triggered but just asking any ideas Chris or the brotherhood

4 Likes

The only trigger upgrade left is their trigger bar. Not sure if it will reduce pull weight, as I’ve never seen Chris mention anything about that. The main feature is it will greatly reduce the takeup or pre-travel before the trigger hits “the wall” before the sear breaks. I’m hoping the new trigger bar will also smooth things up some, too, by reducing trigger creep between “the wall” and when the sear breaks dropping the hammer.

4 Likes

11 days and counting ! till it’s out !:smiley:

3 Likes

Was there a issue date posted. I haven’t heard anything about the trigger bar being released?

1 Like

The Last Report was the 16th of May I Thought ?

2 Likes

Pretty sure Chris mentioned it in one of the facebook videos.

2 Likes

So looking forward to the new muzzle brake and trigger bar.

2 Likes

So if you polish the sear and trigger bar just take the time what I call blueprint everything inside the s2k would that work at all

2 Likes

Jeff 1967, I have mine down to 3.25 (using a Wheeler spring scale). I started with over 5 pounds and it was rough.
Just received the the MCARBO flat trigger. I feel the flat trigger helped a lot because of the mechanical advantage of being able to get a l contact surface further away from the trigger pin(longer lever less work).Combined with the MCARBO trigger bar and 6 hours of meditation taking the gun apart 8 times and polishing thing up !!!

I am waiting for a safety pin e-ring from Kel Tec to complete the job. I will be posting pictures and process next week.

2 Likes

Some hints. I will post pictures next week. The new trigger bar reduced the take up pull SIGNIFICANTLY!!!
but I still had the “glitch” at the begining of pull. I did the internal grip sanding as discribed in the Chris’s two videos on “troubleshooting” but still had the issue. So I went further. Alot of the issues centered around the contact surfaces of the trigger bar and safety,
the way the trigger bar contacts the hammer bushing on the hammer pin,
the mating surfaces of the sear and trigger and the surfaces
and the contact surfaces of the sear and trigger bar.

Triggerhappy “polishing Trigger Parts” has a good start to solving the problem.

I took it way beyond that !!!
Now mind you it took me damn near 8 hours and taking the gun apart a whole bunch !!!.
in the process I lost a safety pin E-ring so I am waiting to get the replacement next week then I will post the whole story

6 Likes

Please do post your Efforts and your results Thanks

5 Likes

my trigger pull is now about 3.25 pounds, measured with a Wheeler spring scale. On safe the trigger pull is silky smooth @ just over1 pound.

4 Likes

Nice ! The Last time I lost a E clip I found some close to factory size for temp repair and Continuation of work in progress @ local western auto.

5 Likes

I am lazy. they cost $1.00 from Keltec. so i ordered stuff to make the package worth being sent.
they will be here Tuesday. So kudos to Keltec !
I did get my digital trigger scale today. I will reveal the job now.

3 Likes

This will be a 2 part explaination. Since I do want to stay on point the results of how low can a S2K trigger pull get here are the results of my labor. Explaination of how i did it is over in the thread TRIGGER HAPPY started “Polishing …”
in safe mode

trigger pull firing

Trigger pull when firing with safety pin installed.

6 Likes

Read my reply to triggerhappy’s in the thread he started “Polishing trigger parts…”
I think that a little less than 3 pounds is as close as you can get. The only other thing I can think of is maybe not suitable to say in public. Might be taken as advice and i would not want to plant any seeds. it has to do with the way the sear finals it’s connection to the bearing surface of the hammer.

see the polished surface of the rear of the sear /hammer interface holds the clue !!!

3 Likes

I know how to get it well below 3lbs. !!!:dark_sunglasses:

So guys I told you all that I have a OCD issue.I purchased 2 sears from KelTec just in case I messed one up.
I also had said I thought I could get 3-4 oz. off the trigger pull

How is 2lb10.6oz. Now I can adjust it just by replacing sear. Sorof like the movie “shooter” did with his firing pin.

3 Likes

here is the best so far.

3 Likes