M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Do You Use Your S2k?

Is your S2K a Range Toy, A Truck Gun, A Backpack Gun, a Home Defense Weapon, or a Safe Queen?

I use my 9mm S2K primarily as a Range Toy, as it just wont fit in my boot, and I don’t own a truck. It certainly gets shared around the firing line when I pull it out.

5 Likes

Currently I have my sub as a truck / range / backpack.
The form factor is amazing since I can store it away in a minimal amount of space yet versatile enough to use in different situations.

4 Likes

Mine is primarily a truck gun, it fits perfectly in a small cubby in my truck, almost like it was designed to go there. But it will also be an addition to my regular camping/backpacking gear as well

2 Likes

Mine and my g22 are setup for a Bug out gun. It’s a fun range toy but I keep it light. Just stock sights. It’s a great grab a go gun.

3 Likes

Pretty much the same here. But, then I found out how reliable and accurate mine was, so it started moving into a home defense role, too. I keep a G19 or a G26 w/ G19 mag at the ready, so the G19 version of the SUB2000 was a perfect compliment for something with a bit more punch/range that’s easier to shoot than a pistol.

5 Likes

I shoot mine in USPSA. It’s perfect!

4 Likes

I use my S2K for a range toy and home defense . One of my favorite toys. It is very accurate and so easy to shoot.

3 Likes

Plinking/PCC mostly. It’s usually always in my range back when I head out to shoot.

4 Likes

I don’t. I just bought it from a friend who never put the first round through it. I found M*Carbo site and now my cart is full. Just waiting for the funds to purchase and build this thing with all the new gadgets before I start shooting. It will be used mostly for the range, but you never know.

4 Likes

Boomer, mine has been mostly a safe queen so far but it will be elevated to range toy when I get all the upgrades installed and after some extensive shooting it will become a truck gun I think. Another application for these folding carbines I would say is work place desk drawer gun.

1 Like

I’ve twice now taken mine in a backpack on road trips. It’s perfectly designed to fit in the padded area of a backpack with an insert area for a laptop.

3 Likes

Lol, seems like mine has been a safe queen this last month. Hopefully with nice weather now it will get a lot more range time. I have thrown it in the truck on longer trips.

I take mine woods walking also is a mate to my G19 so it serves some for home defense.

2 Likes

Same here. The G19 and SUB2000 G19 version were made for each other. :+1:

3 Likes

I use my Sub 2000 as (no particular order):
-range toy/stress reducer
-truck gun
-boat gun (why I got it in Nickel Boron)
-home defense (I arm myself with my subby and my S&W 469, my wife uses our Mossberg 500 pump shotgun)
-I’m seriously considering trying my hand at PCC. I would use my Subbie with a reflex holographic sight (open to suggestions guys, but want a sight with ZERO PARALLAX, 2 to 3.5 MOAA, shock and waterproof ~ milspec?, great daylight utility, with decent battery life).

5 Likes

I use mine what it’s meant for it’s a bug out gun that stays in a case of my Glock 22 and a shit ton of loaded mags I keep it nice and light and don’t put all that crazy shit on it

2 Likes

Had originally purchased mine for work but delivery took a while and I ended up getting mine a few months before retirement. My youngest son and I love shooting it but we have to be careful where we take it due to the unreasonable regulations in our state. I just purchased a home on 10 acres and plan to build my own mini range so we can shoot whenever we want to.

3 Likes

I haven’t decided on what role it will be utilized in. Most likely as a home defense weapon.

2 Likes

You are so lucky to have the room to build your own range. I am so jealous.

1 Like

.40 to go with my P226. Glock grip for mags options. of course all the pro trigger guard, feed ramp and recoil reduction items (all combined to making it feel like a .22 WMR recoil. Primary arms AD-MDS advanced dot on top rail (mounted on a UTG RS08S3 riser) for distance to 100yds. UTG LS200 on bottom rail for close work. Magpul AFG2 serves as a grip right behind front mounted laser and keeps hand off on/off button and then the index finger can just roll over to activate laser.
Range toy SD/HD

2 Likes