M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Do You Carry?

I prefer to open carry where allowed. My general rule is nice pants (no jeans or shorts), a button down shirt (no 2a shirts), casual shoes (no boots or sneakers).

When I Open Carry here are a few ways:

My Glock 17 with a Safariland retention holster…

My Glock 43 in a Sneaky Pete holster…

For Conceal Carry I use my Glock 43 and a Fierce Defender AIWB holster…

Anyone else have examples of how you carry?

6 Likes

I dont like open carry because I want it to be a surprise.
I have too much belly to apendix or cross carry.
I carry IWB 4o’clock.

If I am working, shirt, slacks, rubber sole shoes.
Not working, jeans, button down shirt. tennis or boots.
Rarely wear shorts. I dont like them.

4 Likes

Hey Don!

I don’t like surprises and here in Texas it’s very acceptable and even encouraged. I constantly get free and discounted things at restaurants and convenience stores. The “you are going to be the first one shot” is 100% a myth. No documented cases of that. I recently watched one of Howard’s @hrfunk video and he agrees… open carry is not a liability, it’s a deterrent.
Just sayin’… not preaching.

7 Likes

I never put much in the statement about being first I just don’t want the attention.

7 Likes

Agree about the attention draw of open carry, i had a woman block me into a parking spot so she could call the PD about my “brandishing”.
Cost me 30 min, but cost her some pride, and a life lesson. I just dont have time to be bothered with it so i now only open carry while hunting, camping, or in other “friendly” territory.

8 Likes

AS soon as SC gets it thru I will constitutionally carry here. out for the world to see for now I have to conceal or not carry. and that aint happening…

8 Likes

I posted this question on a different forum last year. People were fairly split on the open carry. It really appears that some states it is just not really social acceptable. Can’t blame folks for not wanting to open carry in that case. But here in Texas I usually get smiles and sometimes get into interesting conversations with other pro-2a people. I like have the choice of open or conceal.

7 Likes

I have a s&w sd9ve I carry with either my safariland trigger release or conceal carry belt

5 Likes

:heart:

I agree. I can open or conceal and don’t have to worry about printing.
I know not all states allow for that.

8 Likes

Mississippi doesn’t concern themselves with carry laws.

5 Likes

@Stircrayzy THAT is some crazy :poop:!! Ignorant people need to mind their own beeswax.

4 Likes

Anyone here use a shoulder holster or ankle holster? I have occasionally used an ankle holster for my BUG. I have never even tried a shoulder holster.

5 Likes

shoulder rig normally ankle rig added if im doing repo down town chasn…

4 Likes

Long cross state rides are shoulder rig or owb cross draw.

5 Likes

Have a shoulder holster for the Beretta 92F.
Love that pistol… just not very concealable.

Just bought a Safariland drop-rig for it to outfit my SHTF loadout.

7 Likes

Yes, an ankle holder is great for quick on/off when I have to work in restricted areas like courthouses, prisons, or airports. Also good if I need a backup gun - like whenever I go to a larger city. If you ain’t carrying something, you ain’t awake.

Shoulder holsters presume you’re wearing a jacket all the time. Looks a little conspicuous if you’re inside all day and not wearing a suit.

3 Likes

Was saving post this for later, after more senior members posted up examples, but WTH…

No takers on moar pics? :rofl:

One of my Hellcat options: Concealment Express decent kit…

I prefer the 11 round mag for less printing with the 13 in reserve.

Using the [comparatively inexpensive] Blue Alpha EDC belt, velcro allows for ez adjustment. For example: seated position; driving or después de demasiada comida en el restaurante mexicano.

Attire…what can I say?!? :thinking: :shushing_face:

TN is optional for open carry, tho many establishments do display no firearms on premises policy.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Hey Don,

Do you normally wear a long shirt or jacket when you carry IWB like in the pic?

3 Likes

Yes i wore a jacket. I wear a jacket or shirt covering my weapon.

1 Like