M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Do You Carry Your S2K?

looks like a great bag to tote around the Sub2000, not very discreet but it does work for the range and just hauling it around or leaving it in the vehicle. :cowboy_hat_face:

Here in Ohio, my CCW is for hand guns or we open carry, not sure how trying to conceal a S2k would work out

Put it down your pants in front the girls will just love you.:rofl:

Down your pants folded or unfolded?

My backpack is very similar with a logo from a past company golf tournament. I have to keep my wife from stuffing the backpack full of other crap when we leave the house. Lol.

I got my wife her own backpack and if she wants to fill it that’s fine she carries it.:us:

I was just on gunbroker.com and they are selling cases for the Sub2000 with the foam already precut. It was a little pricey for $124.99 plus shipping

@KM55,
I like to carry my S2K with My 2A hands! Nothing else needed!

Your very welcome, I like your plan to put a soft armor in the pack. That is something to look into. If you find a deal on armor please share with all of us.

Backpack size panels about $60-$70 on Ebay.

After some nuggin’, I ended up choosing something that would protect me and loved ones against 5.56 caliber weapons. Found this: https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/backpack-armor/ar500-armor-backpack-plate-iii-lw-9825.html

I ordered one, I’ll do some dry range testing for fit/comfort with my various bags that I use:

• Timbuk2 Messenger Bag
  • Civilian Camelback bag with external bladder pocket (works great with stripped down S2K!)
  • GoRuck GR1

I’ll post some videos so folks can see the difference with different types of bags.

That pre molded hard case on Gunbroker for the Sub-2000 looks like a Ridgid tool case that they modified the inside of, so I guess it looks like you are carrying a power tool.

That 9.5"x13" AR500 panel you are getting for your backpack weighs 8lbs. I have two (front & back) 8"x10" AR500 panels for my vest and they weigh 6.2lbs. each but manageable in a vest. I use a soft Level III in my backpack which is light but useless if shooter has a rifle.

Correct, hence why I went with a plate vs. a panel. From my perspective, living / working in the DC Area, I would more likely encounter threats from rifle vs. pistol. My bags are designed to carry 20+ lbs. of gear, not optimal for speed but I rather have it and not needed it, than need it and not have it. (I blame my Ranger buddies for teaching me that one!)

Really like this case a couple that shows up at our local gun shows sell these for all different sized guns. Talked my dad into buying one for his. Next time I see them I am going to see what they have for my newly acquired X95

@SebTaph@dave67,
You both have made valid points.
It great to have rifle level coverage! and to be light on your feet is equally important. I/we train to shoot and move, shoot and move, find cover, empty magazine, reload reassess!

I built into a Rigid case using Kaizen foam. Of course, I had a different laser attached and believed the 32 round promags were reliable when I layed out for the cuts, so …

Hard Case For SUB2000

What’s that thing in the mag well?

Wild guess would be some kind of cable lock???

There are actually 2 chamber flags in the magwell. The curve in the longer one is what happens when you fold your Subby with a flag still installed.

The flags are used to quickly and clearly signal a safe firing condition. My club requires their use. The second flag is for the pistol that rides on my hip.