M*CARBO Brotherhood

How Do You Carry Your S2K?

Just got my Sub-2000 today. Haven’t even had time to shoot it yet. I’ll be doing that at midnight.

Picked this case up at Harbor Freight a couple days ago, in advance of receiving my s2k. $60 was a little high, but just had to have it. Probably won’t be using it as an everyday carry bag, but it’ll keep it secure for travelling.

Happy new year!

@Dred profiled huh? I always thought my middle name was “random”

Another case I like a lot. It’s a little big for s2k. NcStar VISM 26"Discreet Padded Carbine Rifle Case

@JoeFridaySays I like it. I hadn’t thought of the t virus. I had thought about something like Ebola or Hanta.
I had also considered a slightly altered spelling of something, like the decals people used to put on car doors.
They looked like a govt. emblem but said Official US Government Tax Payer instead of what they really would have said. Maybe the Ranta virus. or in your case Ejoela. LOL

@jeffing65 “Ejoela” Now that’s funny. They should name a disease after me… But Lazy A$$ Useless SOB syndrome just doesn’t pass muster at the CDC I guess.

My main concern with the label is that some dumb would be terrorist whose main source of entertainment to date has been watching goats copulate and who certainly has never seen Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 thru 47 will think he has found a ready made WMD and run off with my stuff. :hot_face:

@JoeFridaySays How about a little LED readout that has a word or two and two or three blinking lights including one that changes from green to flashing red with a motion sensor. Ie: Dye Canister Armed, or Satellite Link Enabled.

After hunting around for different solutions for storing/trunking my Keltec Sub2K I settled on these:

CONDOR Tactical Hydration Carrier

Condor MA37 Triple MP5 MP7 MP9 Magazine Pouch

The triple mag pouch has MOLLE backing and fits three Glock 17, 33-round magazines.

I added a photo of the Ruger takedown case for comparison. I will update when I make all the M*CARBO upgrades and add the flip up optic to make sure it all fits.

@jeffing65 some of those flashing glow lights, in neon green, with a lil led strip that flashes
" CAUTION this case will self destruct in 15 seconds. 50 meter blast radius"

@GOBLIN hahaha…that would be great. I had thought about just having a countdown display and let them fill in the blanks of what was happening. Their mind would instantly create the worst possibility they could conceive.
The other idea I had is along the same lines as yours but has a computer voice and silent vibrate like a cell phone. When they pick it up it begins to vibrate and the flashing Green lights start, cycling from one end of the strip to the other. After just enough time for them to look, see the lights, and think "what the he…?? The Voice… "Fingerprint ID!.,… Remote Capture!.. Scan Complete! Again, after just long enough to absorb that, the cycling lights change from green to red.
… “Technology Destruction Assurance!!” … Incendiary!!.. Enabled!!.. The light stops cycling back and forth, and all the lights on the strip come on the vibration stops…the light strip slowly flashes…on off on off on off… They can conjure up the horror of what they’ve just done to themselves far better than we ever could. HAHAHAHa.:rofl:

I figured it out. Took me awhile to think of removing the stock from the AR. lol.
The G2c is not strapped in yet, need more velcro.

Here’s how I carry my sub 2K. It’s a lancer tactical hydration pack bought from amazon. I can fit 4 regular magazines and one 31 ETS mag and there isn’t room for much else. There wasn’t any dimensions listed on the page, but I took a roll of the dice, plus I really liked the color.

@Scooter O.K. now the picture has me guessing. Do you have 2 flashlights? Looks like one in front of the foregrip and one mounted at 10 O’clock. Also I see the reddot QD on the stock, what is on the other QD mount? I am always looking for better ways to S2K.

@echo6mike Nice Peak case. I have a peak case for my CMR30 and love it. I was thinking of this unit but they are so darn expensive. I opted for a 25 amazon. Doesn't carry as much or keep segregated as nicely. If I can ask, How much did this one end up setting you back?

@echo6mike one more question for you. Did you have to modify the cutout to fit the muzzle break?

I use my S2K for home defense and as a truck gun. For home defense, I use the light (100 lumen) red laser combo mounted on the lower rail. For outdoor use, I use the tactical light (1,000 lumen) M-Lok offset and green laser M-Lok mounted.

I removed the iron sights, I use a laser and have a red dot to mount.

I really like the VooDoo soft bag. I need to get one of those!

I picked a back pack at wally world for $18.00! holds s2k, glock 19x, 3 fun sticks , extra mags (all in separate compartments) and boxes of bullets without bulging.
Pack is made by outdoor products .
WARNING: as someone posted earlier, buy 2 because wife will want one.
Happy shooting brotherhood !

@cico7 I like that!:+1:

The “Rubik Goldberg Magazine Gizmo”

I recently purchased one of the new Harbor Freight Long Gun Cases on Sale for $99.99. It is a great case and comes with very dense pre-cut pick and pluck foam. If you are like me though, you both love and hate the stuff. It’s a lot easier than cutting foam, but you have to work within those pre-defined squares and you must leave ample room between items or the foam starts breaking apart. As a result, you waste a lot of space.

I decided to configure the case to pretty much hold everything for a day of shooting. After I got the guns placed, I started squeezing in magazines and that’s where I hit a wall. I needed to fit three 17 round mags for the S2K in a space of roughly 3 by 4 inches. No problem if they will fit upright as shown in Figure 1, but the case is a touch too shallow and when closed presses too hard on the mags for my comfort. There is no way they will fit horizontally, so they have to go diagonally, but that also is impossible in that space. I needed to get creative and think inside the foam where I could not normally see.

Enter the Kaizan 3 dimensional block solution a/k/a the Rubik Goldberg Magazine Gizmo. I simply removed a block of the foam in the designated area and then started thinking three dimensionally. What you see in Figure 2 is the result. Three small pieces of Kaizan foam cut and glued together in the proper orientation will allow three S2K magazines to interlace diagonally together into that small space. I then slid the Gizmo into the slot I had cut for it with the result shown in Figures 3 & 4. That’s all my great idea is. Three pieces of Kaizan foam, cut and glued together. But MAN does it save space! And you could just continue the row. Imagine the number of magazines you could squeeze into just 3 by 18 inches.

Important Note: Ignore the darker thin pieces of foam. Those are spacers made of craft foam. I had to use those because the Kaizan foam I had available was only 7/8 inch thick and my mags were a bit thicker. If your foam is the proper thickness you will not need such spacers; just three simple pieces of foam just slightly thicker than your mags.

FIGURE 1

FIGURE 2

The right middle photo shows the difference in height between upright and diagonal with comparable padding under the upright magazine.

FIGURE3

FIGURE 4