How did this person get elected?

Ok I’m going to start by admitting that I live in New York state for at least a couple more years. That being said If I didn’t know where this Representative was from I’d figured it would be Ca. or NY city. I had to do a dbl. take when I read it.

Texas State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the Castle Doctrine which allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into their home.
This is her reasoning… "I’m not saying that stealing is okay. All I’m saying is that it shouldn’t warrant the death penalty, Thieves only carry weapons for self -protection and to provide incentive for the homeowner to cooperate. They just want to get the loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will get killed. "
I thought this was a joke the first time I read it but it gets worse.
Under her new law the homeowner is required to flee and if they can’t must cooperate with the intruder and if violence breaks out it is the HOMEOWNERS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE NOONE GETS HURT! She goes on to say The best way to achieve this is to use minimum non-lethal force possible because the intruders could sue for any injuries from the victim. “In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner. The homeowner’s insurance will reimburse them and the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one, so much the better.”
And I thought AOC was nutcase! :grimacing:

11 Likes

I think I better use my own advice here and only say that there seems to be a lot of females and some males being elected that have never had their ass kicked real good.

Larry :innocent:

14 Likes

A 10 second fact check…

Fact check: Democratic Texas Rep. Terry Meza wants to amend ‘Castle doctrine’, not repeal it; posts feature satirical quotes | Reuters

5 Likes

Bill filed by Meza on 11/9/2020. It seems to not even been out of committee.

I do see that in the article and some of the information is blown out of proportion.

However, it’s still another libtard effort to take away important sections of a good statute that helps people protect their family and property. She is trying to protect the criminal.
Appears to me she is making up scenarios that fit her agenda. And, doing a dog and pony show to get another right away from a property owner.

How about ok, you can’t shoot them for stealing we just (if convicted) cut off one hand for a first offense. lol

Larry

4 Likes

Not saying it’s a great amendment… not sure if anyone read the entire Reuters article… it’s just more fake news hype. I thought we were all against that(?).

7 Likes

That IS a fact! :+1:

7 Likes

Not saying it’s a great amendment… not sure if anyone read the entire Reuters article… it’s just more fake news hype. I thought we were all against that(?).

Definitely against that. Just pointing out she is still try to screw over Texas IMHO :wink:

Larry :innocent:

4 Likes

While I’ll admit I didn’t vet this before I posted it.( It was sent to me by someone I usually consider believable) I’ve also seen some of Reuters own fact checking backfire on them in the past, but if the quotes aren’t really hers then I’ll apologize for reposting them. It still looks like a bad bill when you go in and read it.

5 Likes

To quote Dr. Clint Smith, “Hell hath no fury like an ass-kicked liberal!”

3 Likes

No politics.